• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passive With cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So what I have in mind is a passive that would show a cooldown.

It's only for visuals and is not intended to have any effect on it's own besides the cooldown.

Using lightning orb normally requires the unit to attack something but my intention is to simply trigger it to activate when certain conditions are met.

I thought that maybe I could create another dummy spell which would share ID with the one that lightning orb would use, trigger the unit to cast it, and they both would go on cooldown.

It did get the green highlight like when an ability is being cast or channeled but my attempt didn't work. :vw_sad:

Orb of Lightning can only be used once per unit as well is an orb effect therefore kind of horrible as a resort. Not to mention it has to be on attack order to work.

I suggest using two versions of your ability, a passive-looking icon that is an active and you order as quick as you can then your normal ability which when it activates will trigger this.

Level 13
Okay if you want to Look Passive Icon..

If your Spell need a target unit.

Create Spell Book
Create Orb Of Lightning (aBIlity)
Put it in SpellBook
Hide it in Trigger Action

If you dont know how to do this
i have example
SpellBook Int

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer TempLoop) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Disable Spell Book for (Player(TempLoop))
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger())
Learn Spell

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Acid Bomb
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Triggering unit)
thats it.

Level 12
Okay if you want to Look Passive Icon..

If your Spell need a target unit.

Create Spell Book
Create Orb Of Lightning (aBIlity)
Put it in SpellBook
Hide it in Trigger Action

If what you mean is what I think you mean then this is what I'd prefer over having an active ability replace a passive one. (I already did it since I couldn't think of a way to make OoL to work)
Easy triggers but I'd have you explain what you ment more because even if it's easy triggers if it's not what I have intended I don't feel like scrapping the 'good enuff' that's been made already...

Status
Not open for further replies.