• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Passive Spell Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey been 3+ years since I made maps, but recently getting back into it.

I am wondering how I go about setting up a passive projectile skill

5% chance to trigger when being hit.

Example: the fan on knives spell but a passive version. That has 5% chance to proc shooting knives around dealing 5x weapon damage to all within 300 area.

It's done via damage detection, with optional filters, such as if the damaging unit is an enemy and if the damage should be greater than 0.

Now the interesting part is that it the projectile skill can be outsourced to the Object Editor for simplicity via a dummy ability, or triggered, which requires a Missile and Dummy system, but can give more freedom to the coder on how it will behave.

For clarification, I assume that the meaning of hit is when the unit is actually damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.