• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passive ability when "Mana Shield" is deactivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Greetings! I want to make "Mana Shield" that when is deactivated unit (that has this ability) have some passive ability.

Not about the title:
In my case I want that passive ability be to hurl an rock on random target every 0 to 16 seconds in 900 range, that hit the target, deal damage, stun and give a slow buff that is longer than stun. How I can make this? If nothing else, at least help me about first one I pleased for.

Thank You.

Last edited:
Here's a trigger that adds one of three random abilities to the unit shortly after it loses the Mana Shield. There are ways to make this trigger more precise if necessary.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mana Shield
  • Actions
    • Set ManaShieldCaster = (Triggering Unit)
    • Wait 0.25 seconds
    • Wait until ((ManaShieldCaster has buff Mana Shield) Equal to False), checking every 0.25 seconds
      • Set RandomInt = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • RandomInt Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add YourAbility1 to ManaShieldCaster
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • RandomInt Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add YourAbility2 to ManaShieldCaster
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • RandomInt Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - YourAbility3 to ManaShieldCaster
                • Else - Actions

Level 8
Sure, wow, thank You, I didn't believed that GUI triggers can notice Mana Shield so I asked.
About precision, You think on 2 .25 times? I'm about to make a game with least bug (lag) "possible" so since this ability doesn't need to be so precised, what is the most optimal time there? I assume that time affect bugging (lagging).
I need a picture of Variables, I know them but don't know to to set them.

You understood me wrong due to my not-understandable request. I fix it, now is better.
Basically what I wanted is to make unit has a passive ability just when its Mana Shield is off and that passive ability should not occupying any place.
If someone want help me even more, I want my passive ability be that previous described "Rock".
Any solution?

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Setting a variable ManaShieldCaster is pointless and useless especially if it there are several units this ability, this trigger won't work then.

I need a picture of Variables, I know them but don't know to to set them.
  • Set RandomInt = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
I don't get what you mean with this...you don't know how to create them or set them? Make an effort to read please, it's an integer, you just have to create it as an integer type, that's all.
If you want to hide the ability so it doesn't occupy space just use
  • Unit - For (Triggering unit), Ability Acid Bomb, Hide ability: True

Status
Not open for further replies.