• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Parents of Arkain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
In this thread, I want to try something new.
I am not asking who of the following mothers/fathers is the best, I am asking you how you
personally would rank them.
I have picked the nine best known characters of Arkain who have been revealed to be parents,
either in the campaign or in the short stories from the Tales of Arkain so far (I am not saying that these characters are the "only" parental figures
in Arkain so far, here, take that for speculation. :-]).
And now I am asking you to rank them - you can use a point system or simply words.
I am curious: Who is the BEST of them? Let me know!
  1. Duke Volarian Redfist - The Loving Father
  2. Gardon Bloodclaw - The Ca'laer
  3. King Dorten - The old King
  4. Merlon Seabright - The single Admiral
  5. Renald van Durce - The High Lord Inquisitor
  6. Zarin Hammerfall - The High King of the Dwarves
  7. Rangul - Warchief of the Deathbreeze
  8. Queen Renova - Queen of the Elves
  9. Queen Keera - Fallen Queen of the Elves
  10. Queen Kasraazs - Queen of the Black Dragons

And discuss! :p

Level 29
Duke Volarian Redfist - The Loving Father

Only in an opposite universe. XD

Gardon Bloodclaw - The Ca'laer
King Dorten - The old King
Queen Renova - Queen of the Elves

These, to me, are the top candidates.

Merlon Seabright - The single Admiral

His daughter is the Queen of the Pirates, and Merlon is no Monkey D. Garp, so no...

Renald van Durce - The High Lord Inquisitor

He is?! The poor child...

Zarin Hammerfall - The High King of the Dwarves

Nope. I expect his daughter to kill him before he drags the entire kingdom with him to the grave.

Rangul - Warchief of the Deathbreeze

Let's see. His daughter was successful, but you could say that 'Lord Brian' deserves the credits rather than Rangul, and the son that was at his side the longest is a coward and an incompetent.

Queen Keera - Fallen Queen of the Elves
Queen Kasraazs - Queen of the Black Dragons

No idea. Require more information.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Level 29
Whatever he would have been if the Orcs had not attacked that mansion, eh?

Indeed. Like always, the pre-Dominion orcs had the nasty habit of ruining things for everyone.

I am curious about the reasons for this.

Gardon: From what I read in the 'short stories' he seems to care for all of his children, and if he neglects some, I don't think he means to. It is good to see that he tries his best to be a good father while ruling a recently-made kingdom.
Dorten: His son doesn't seem to have issues, so...
Renova: She was more concerned with keeping her babies safe rather than her own well-being and even made a deal with Rahandir to keep them safe.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
His daughter is the Queen of the Pirates, and Merlon is no Monkey D. Garp, so no...
He is not the best father on the list, true.
Let's see. His daughter was successful, but you could say that 'Lord Brian' deserves the credits rather than Rangul, and the son that was at his side the longest is a coward and an incompetent.
Not sure if you can blame him for Sasrogarn though. :p
And he still kinda raised Amari.
No idea. Require more information.
On Keera I can suggest reading her & Renova's character sheet.
Kasraazs is hard to judge, I know.
Gardon: From what I read in the 'short stories' he seems to care for all of his children, and if he neglects some, I don't think he means to. It is good to see that he tries his best to be a good father while ruling a recently-made kingdom.
Dorten: His son doesn't seem to have issues, so...
True, true.
Renova: She was more concerned with keeping her babies safe rather than her own well-being and even made a deal with Rahandir to keep them safe.
She was under a spell by someone who is not Rahandir though. :p

Level 22
I'm going to judge a parent using these 5 characteristics. I'm confident Redfist can get a 25 out of 25 pretty easily :
1. Positive Role Model
2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy
3. Affection towards his children
4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong
5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way

1.Positive Role Model - Eh... well, uh... he does inspire his soldiers pretty well. His children... no, just no. Sorry. 0/5

2.Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - He mostly doesn't care what his children do. For all the wrong reasons, he's way too respectful in that manner. 5/5

3.Affection towards his children - He's ok towards Orie, but everyone else... he can try to improve. 0.5/5

4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - Aridon will wither away by the time Redfist begins to manage his stress properly. 0/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - If only, if only... 0/5

Total - 5.5/25 ( He can burn some orcs to calm himself down)
=======================

1. Positive Role Model - He seemed like a cool dad in Heirs of Zyainor Vol. 1 and 2. Definitely not the mindless butcher that you see in the campaigns. 5/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - He pretty much pre-placed them in the army, but when we exclude that, he allows them to do whatever they wish. Unfortunately, this has also lead to the children from Larine's side to not grow up in the best of conditions 3.5/5

3. Affection towards his children - He smiled at Zurae, which means he can be happy with them. He also showed understanding and affection towards Velina. For now, he can have his 5/5

4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - I can't think of any good examples. Can't rate/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - He was calm and gave good replies to Zurae and Velina. 5/5

Total - 18.5/25
=============

1. Positive Role Model - He teaches them to dislike humans, which is pretty bad. But, I'm gonna cut him some slack because he also probably teaches them to act in the dwarves' best interest. 4/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - Can't say/5

3. Affection towards his children - I'm sure he loves them. However, his impulsiveness can be sickening 3/5

4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - The example with his daughter is the only one we have currently available. And that was pretty bad. 0/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - Not as bad as Redfist, but he does get the runner-up 0/5

Total 7/25
====================
Merlon Seabright - The Single Admiral

1. Positive Role Model - He really wasn't there for her. 0/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - He definitely allowed her to do whatever she wished. In a very wrong way, but you can't say he held her back 5/5

3. Affection towards his children - Can't say/5

4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - Can't say/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - Can't say/5

Total - 5/25
=====================

1. Positive Role Model - When he wanted to, he could be. Unfortunately, he rarely showed that side. 1/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - Ultimately, he was very respectful, even if he knew it was the wrong way. 5/5

3. Affection towards his children - He can be pretty caring when he wants to. It, unfortunately, didn't happen too often 2/5

4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - He could be both angry and calm when he wanted to. 3/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - He tried. 2/5

Total - 13/25
========================
King Dorten - The Old King

1. Positive Role Model - Can't say/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - He hasn't been shown to limit them and tell them exactly what to do. 5/5

3. Affection towards his children - He has been shown to care. 5/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - He has been shown as pretty calm when talking to them. 5/5

Total - 15/25
=====================

1. Positive Role Model - He had some good ideas, but he was ultimately more of a traditional orc to his children in a time where you didn't need them. 2/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - I can't think of a time where he limited what they could do. 5/5

3. Affection towards his children - He has been shown to care. Unfortunately, due to Amari's past, I can't give him a high score. 3/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - A shame he only gained that ability in the SOB. 2.5/5

Total - 12.5/25
=====================

1. Positive Role Model - Considering her character in the SHB, she wouldn't have been the best role model. Telling your kids to rely on others to fix their problems would have been really bad advice. And just running away when all seems lost isn't the best advice either. 0/5

2. Respectfulness towards her children's autonomy - I'm certain she wouldn't have been as bad as her mother, but I can't say for certain. Can't say/5

3. Affection towards her children - She seemed to show some care. Giving them to Rahandir impulsively would normally be a pretty bad idea, but it turned out well. 3/5

4. Managing her stress when her children have done something wrong - Can't say/5

5. Ability to communicate with her children in the right way - Can't say/5

Total - 3/25 ( Ouch)
===================

1. Positive Role Model - Like mother like daughter. She hasn't given Renova the best traits. 0/5

2. Respectfulness towards her children's autonomy - She locked her up because she disobeyed her. 0/5

3. Affection towards his children - Locked Renova up for 3 years without showing pity. 0/5

4. Managing stress when her children have done something wrong - No. 0/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - No. 0/5

Total - 0/25 ( At least her daughter can boast that she was a better mother)
==============================================
Shar Dundred - The illustrious Father of all Arkain

1. Positive Role Model - I haven't seen him teach them or show them anything. :p Can't say/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - He's created such an enormous free for all that you can't even begin describing his respectfulness towards their autonomy. 99999999999999999999999/5

3. Affection towards his children - He loves them all the same. Except for maybe Sasrogarn. 5/5

4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - He can never get angry no matter what they do. Just look at Volarian and Aridon as examples. 5/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - He's so good he doesn't even need to do it. 5/5

Total - Way too good/5
===================
Queen Kasraazs - Can't really say anything due to the lack of info.

TLDR

1. Gardon - 18.5/25
2. King Dorten - 15/25
3. The douche with too many titles to list Renald van Durce - 13/25
4. Rangul - 12.5/25
5. Zarin - 7/25
6. Volarian Redfist - 5.5/25
7. Merlon - 5/25
8. Queen Renova - 3/25
9. Queen Keera - 0/25
Not enough info or too good to list - Queen Kasraazs and Shar Dundred.

Level 10
Okay, let's try that classment thingie:

1) Queen Kasraazs - Queen of the Black Dragons: Got this nice continent for her kind, twice. Nuff' said.
2) King Dorten - The old King: All seemed smooth beofre plot happened.
3) Gardon Bloodclaw - The Ca'laer: He does try to take time for all of them, even the illegitimate one. It remains to see how it goes in the future (poor cinnamon roll Parlea and her descent into sadism comes to mind).
4) Renald van Durce - The High Lord Inquisitor: Well, the more we see is him rescuing his son-in-law. Dunno about more here.
5) Queen Renova - Queen of the Elves: Dunno how much of that care was spell, but it was still there. Still a Crap Ruler, but see that with Number 9.
6) Zarin Hammerfall - The High King of the Dwarves: Theoretically nice relationship, but headbutting over politics. Dunno about the dead ones.
7) Rangul - Warchief of the Deathbreeze: As above, but several magnitudes worst.
8) Merlon Seabright - The single Admiral: Wasn't there, period.
9) Queen Keera - Fallen Queen of the Elves: Source of her daughter's problems, fusing Crap Mother and Crap Ruler.
10) Duke Volarian Redfist - The Loving Father: Do I really need to spell it out loud?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I may actually steal parts of your rating system when I do my own list, @Championfighter25. :p
(Yes, I will write my own list!)

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - If only, if only... 0/5
He DOES communicate with them though!
Oh, the right way.... Forget it.
1. Positive Role Model - He seemed like a cool dad in Heirs of Zyainor Vol. 1 and 2. Definitely not the mindless butcher that you see in the campaigns. 5/5
[...]
3. Affection towards his children - He smiled at Zurae, which means he can be happy with them. He also showed understanding and affection towards Velina. For now, he can have his 5/5
The things children do to you! Gardon even SMILED!
2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - He pretty much pre-placed them in the army, but when we exclude that, he allows them to do whatever they wish. Unfortunately, this has also lead to the children from Larine's side to not grow up in the best of conditions 3.5/5
Zyainor needs a strong dynasty.
Larine's children DID get the shorter end of the stick, yeah. Especially if you look at poor Parlea.
(If you actually CAN look....)
4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - The example with his daughter is the only one we have currently available. And that was pretty bad. 0/5
He did not give the best impression by being a strict traditionalist, yeah.
3. Affection towards his children - He can be pretty caring when he wants to. It, unfortunately, didn't happen too often 2/5
Sadly so. Too late too.
Pretty sure he was very shocked and stressed when Toraes was lost behind enemy lines
Then again, you cannot blame this on Toraes. Or Dorten, really.
1. Positive Role Model - He had some good ideas, but he was ultimately more of a traditional orc to his children in a time where you didn't need them. 2/5
He wanted Orcs to change, but too little. Then it was too late for him to change more.
Who knows what parents he and Redfist could have been - oh the irony!
Vanessa also kind of counts as his child since he adopted her (you could say that she counts for
both him and the best father Redfist at the same time), and he did not like some of the things
she said.

1. Positive Role Model - Like mother like daughter. She hasn't given Renova the best traits. 0/5

2. Respectfulness towards her children's autonomy - She locked her up because she disobeyed her. 0/5

3. Affection towards his children - Locked Renova up for 3 years without showing pity. 0/5

4. Managing stress when her children have done something wrong - No. 0/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - No. 0/5

Total - 0/25 ( At least her daughter can boast that she was a better mother)
Yeah, I see where you are coming from here.
Shar Dundred - The illustrious Father of all Arkain

1. Positive Role Model - I haven't seen him teach them or show them anything. :p Can't say/5

2. Respectfulness towards his children's autonomy - He's created such an enormous free for all that you can't even begin describing his respectfulness towards their autonomy. 99999999999999999999999/5

3. Affection towards his children - He loves them all the same. Except for maybe Sasrogarn. 5/5

4. Managing stress when his children have done something wrong - He can never get angry no matter what they do. Just look at Volarian and Aridon as examples. 5/5

5. Ability to communicate with his children in the right way - He's so good he doesn't even need to do it. 5/5

Total - Way too good/5
Goddamnit. I love it and laughed longer than I care to admit. XD
1. Gardon - 18.5/25
2. King Dorten - 15/25
3. The douche with too many titles to list Renald van Durce - 13/25
4. Rangul - 12.5/25
5. Zarin - 7/25
6. Volarian Redfist - 5.5/25
7. Merlon - 5/25
8. Queen Renova - 3/25
9. Queen Keera - 0/25
Not enough info or too good to list - Queen Kasraazs and Shar Dundred.
A very nice explanation & rating system. As I said, I think I will steal that for my own here. :p

2) King Dorten - The old King: All seemed smooth beofre plot happened.
And then plot happened. Poor old Dorten.
4) Renald van Durce - The High Lord Inquisitor: Well, the more we see is him rescuing his son-in-law. Dunno about more here.
His daughter was at the very least angry enough to travel to Arkain to find his murderer.
5) Queen Renova - Queen of the Elves: Dunno how much of that care was spell, but it was still there. Still a Crap Ruler, but see that with Number 9.
9) Queen Keera - Fallen Queen of the Elves: Source of her daughter's problems, fusing Crap Mother and Crap Ruler.
Larine is the first efficient elven ruler in a long time. :D
10) Duke Volarian Redfist - The Loving Father: Do I really need to spell it out loud?
Nah, we all know he was the best dad. His "Best Dad of the World" cup proves that.
He used it to punch his children, I hear...

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
  1. Duke Volarian Redfist - The Loving Father
  2. Gardon Bloodclaw - The Ca'laer
  3. King Dorten - The old King
  4. Merlon Seabright - The single Admiral
  5. Renald van Durce - The High Lord Inquisitor
  6. Zarin Hammerfall - The High King of the Dwarves
  7. Rangul - Warchief of the Deathbreeze
  8. Queen Renova - Queen of the Elves
  9. Queen Keera - Fallen Queen of the Elves
  10. Queen Kasraazs - Queen of the Black Dragons

1. The best dad, proud owner of the father of the century coffee mug. Currently in the lead to win the millenium mug.
2. A good dad, has had to deal with too much shit. The years to just sit down and think have been both good and bad for him as a human being.
3. Like Gardon he's had to deal with a lot but he's been good to his kids so despite his many failings there is that.
4. He was going to try when the war was over.
5. An arrogant asshole but he still cared, just a shame it took so long for care to trump duty and pride.
6. Zarin does the best he can in a traditional society.
7. Ha
8. Nope
9. God damn no
10. Not a peep from me on this.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
1. The best dad, proud owner of the father of the century coffee mug. Currently in the lead to win the millenium mug.
Still gotta find a replacement for the current one, mate! It fell when @Jayborino did that disstrack!
2. A good dad, has had to deal with too much shit. The years to just sit down and think have been both good and bad for him as a human being.
3. Like Gardon he's had to deal with a lot but he's been good to his kids so despite his many failings there is that.
4. He was going to try when the war was over.
5. An arrogant asshole but he still cared, just a shame it took so long for care to trump duty and pride.
6. Zarin does the best he can in a traditional society.
True.
8. Nope
9. God damn no
Weren't they just great?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Alright, time for my list. I have decided to make it less numeric with different categories and
instead judge the overall character in his parental figure.

Duke Redfist is, without any doubt, the best parental figure in all of Arkain. He is loving, caring,
patient, proud of his children, joyful and the perfect image of a father in all ages.
Okay, joking aside, I am sure everyone in this forum, even the Redfist fans who think he did
nothing wrong, knows that he is not that person - not anymore that is, we will never know
what kind of father he would have been if Rangul had not raided that mansion. I will tell you,
however, that he really was what he told Rangul before he killed him: Redfist was a better man,
a good man. The day he lost is family was the day that broke him. He never found the same
love and happiness he had with Stephanie and Vanessa with his new family and was consumed
by his pure anger. Orie is the only child that he actually doesn't dislike and actually treats relatively
well.
So, he used to have the ability to become a great father and lost it when Rangul took his first
family from him and became a bad father instead.

1/5

==================================================

Despite him not really giving the impression of a good father during the war, Gardon turned out
to be a caring and loving father. His own childhood has taught him many hard-learned lessons
and he tries to be a better father than his own was, this is shown especially in his treatment
of Velina, I think that made it very apparent how he felt about her and Parlea.
You can also say that his children (along with many other factors during and after the war)
had an impact on his personality - he is still Gardon, don't worry. After the war, he also had
time to think about things and, as @Kasrkin already said, it was both good and bad for him.
There's some hints regarding this in the existing short stories about the time after the war.
At the same time, he is still in charge of a large human nation and has almost no time for anything.
He still makes the time.
In my opinion, Gardon is doing as good as he can. He may not be the best example from a moral
standpoint, I think we can all see that given how he deals with problems, but he is caring.
And goddamnit, his children managed to make him smile, Birram was actually worried about them
and even Thanok, that cold-hearted and hot-tempered dragon, felt pride.

5/5

His son's disappearanace hit Dorten very hard, so he definitely cared a great deal for him.
So he does for his daughter (and now heir) Felicia. He became older and weaker as time went
by and later left most matters to his daughters, having absolute trust in her persona and abilities.
Dorten loves both his son and his daughter and still silently hopes that he will see his son again
one day though he feels that it is a foolish thing to believe in and therefore keeps his hope to himself.

5/5

There is not much to be said about Merlon's qualifications as a parent. He was with her mother and left her.
He never had the chance to be a father. If he had survived the events of the war, he would have tried
to meet with his daughter to try and make up with her - it would have been hard but he would have tried.

0/5

I did not really show much interaction between the Lord Inquisitor and his daughter. However, given
that his daughter took it upon her to travel all the way over to Arkain to find the murderer of her father
(and of her husband too) shows that she either cared for the High Lord or at the very least feels obliged
to do that - meaning that she did not openly hate him. Knowing Renald's character, it goes without
saying that she may not have "loved" him but he still was her father and, despite his character flaws,
he was not a bad man. He could have lived in peace and luxury and instead took up his armor and weapon
to fight.
However, since we cannot talk that much about his daughter, let us talk about him and his step-son.
It is pretty easy to see that the two disliked each other. Gardon hated van Durce's arrogance and
his open dislike of the "bastard" Gardon. Van Durce on the other hand did not trust Gardon and did not
hesitate when he was ordered to send Gardon into a trap - at the same time he did not personally deal
with Gardon to give the latter a chance to prove himself. When he finally realized that he had been wrong,
he felt nothing but guilt and wanted to give Gardon a chance to leave, to stop the conflict. But at that
point, it had been too late, neither faction was willing to give the other an inch and so the battle was inevitable.
And van Durce lost that battle yet Gardon did not feel satisfied and instead, deep in his heart, felt sorrow.
Many years later, Gardon would even wish that there had been a better way to solve the situation.
The thing that Gardon did not know, that van Durce kept to himself even in his final hours, is that Renald,
below his arrogance, his pride and his massive ego, CARED for the bastard prince which was the true reason
why he had hesitated to fight against Gardon himself. When Gardon was still young, Renald had been
hard on the boy because he had wanted him to be the very best, feeling that Gardon could be exactly that:
the best of them all. Since Gardon's true father had pretty much ignored Gardon apart from letting him rise
through the ranks, Renald was the only one who really gave Gardon a reason to train (before Gardon had fully
embraced the dark arts taught by Brian). The hatred Gardon had felt for van Durce was what kept him going
for a long time. Renald was the one who truly encouraged Gardon to be more than just a bastard.
Does this make him a good father? Not really but it shows that there is more than meets the eye.
In the end, you could say, that Renald cared more about Gardon than the old Emperor.

3/5

Zarin did not give the best impression as a caring parent in his short story. He cut his daughter short and
was rather repellent, however, this is to blame more on his troubled mind and the tradionalist ways of his
people than being a bad father.
The Dwarves are traditionalist people. While family is important in their society, first and foremost Zarin
was their high king. That meant that he was not supposed to be apporoached just like that - and dwarven
visitors were expected only to speak when asked to, even if they are kin. In public, children were also
not to interrupt their parents.
Apart from this, Zarin loved his children. However, it has also hardened him that now his daughter is all
that remains within the Dwarven lands that he can consider close kin. His wife died giving childbirth to
his daughter. Zarin is not a bad father, but he certainly is not the best.

2/5

The future of both his family and his people has always been the most important thing to Rangul. He took
care of his children and raised them - he also raised Vanessa as his own daughter although she was not
only not his own child but also of another race - a race his people were at war with. He also would have
accepted Amari if he hadn't been forced to send her away when the rest of the clan found out about her
tendencies. While he loved his son, he was well aware of Sasrogarn's shortcomings.
When Vanessa was caught, he had been worried about her and when she returned to him, he couldn't help
but feel that the Humans had corrupted her somehow to make her suggest things that he considered
impossible - like peace with the Humans. He even threatened her - even though he did not believe in his
own threats. He never really saw the two races living together and turned out to be rather conservative
despite his attempts to change his people. Only when his original plan fell apart, he started to realize that
he had been wrong in so many ways and did not have the gut to apologize Vanessa. He died by the hands
of the man he stole Vanessa from before he could fully change.
We are all aware of Rangul's mistakes, but keep this in mind: He must have made some things right at least
when it came to treating his children right as both Amari, whom he had exiled, Vanessa, whom he had threatened,
and Sasrogarn mourned his death.
The irony here is that Rangul could have become a better father if he had lived longer. At the same time,
the man who killed him, Redfist, too would have been a good father if Rangul had never raied his mansion.
These two ruined each other's life, preventing each other from becoming the person they should have been.

2/5

Renova did not really have much of a chance to be a mother. On one hand she brought her baby children
to safety and gave them to an undead, the very man who had killed her mother (she hated her though)
to protect them. On the other hand, she was not fully herself and she gave her children to an UNDEAD.
Still, the Ironfist would most likely have killed the babies to avoid further civil war among the Elves so
she chose the option that was more likely to bring her children into safety.

1/5

When Renova was still a child who did as she was told, even if begrudgingly at times, Keera was proud
of her daughter and raised her in the same luxury and wealth she had been raised in. At the same time,
she actually spent only very little time with her daughter. When Renova became an adult and did not want
to continue being the girl that was kept inside the palace, Keera imprisoned her for not respecting her wishes
as soon as she had found out about her daughter leaving the palace whenever she managed to sneak out of it.
At the same time, she also was afraid that something could happen to her daughter - the two never talked again
after Renova was imprisoned inside her chamber. Renova felt that Keera had never cared for her and started to
hate her. Keera did not realize her mistakes until her death - far too late of course.
She was a poor ruler, a bad role model for her daughter and her people and, finally, a bad mother.

0/5

These lips are sealed.

0/0

Conclusion:
0/5Queen Keera - Fallen Queen of the Elves

0/5

1/5

1/5

2/5

2/5

3/5

5/5

5/5

0/0

Level 20
A little bit late on this one but...What i would rank as top three parental figure in this list would be
1.Duke Redfist
2.Duke Redfist
3.Duke Redfist

Why you would ask?Who can say that their pops single handedly,a lowborn nobel,rose across the ranks of the empire and became Duke.
Made the Emperor and his royal council royaly piss themselfs(might including here Van Durce and papa Gardon) almost eraticated a race from existence,actually can rap(no joke have you seen the lines he throws and demon puppet and the "i am an orc") and on top of that...He looks good on red.

But for really tho even from the Blue armor days of Volarian up untill the very same day he died he had one intention...To protect his family he failed once and that twisted him,but even with all that Rage within him he still strived to protect the family he had...He might have gone a tad bit overboard with those who failed to meet his expectation(kinda but not really,hey dont you look at me like that...I was raised in a ballkan household)
Dont you @ at me.

Level 6
Tied for the best:
Volarian the Best Daddy. That monkey is a good father, if he was not biased on Orie.

Cala'er Gardon. He just make sure he is a good dad the way he does. He got bastards sure, but he treated the bastards like how Ned treats Jon.

High King Zarin. He treats his fellow Dwarves his own children. Just look at the factions United under him, except for some black sheep, just like most of the families right now.

Neutral:
Rangul. He tried to unite the whole Orcs, treated them as his own children, bhut he was a dysfunctional father to his daughter and his inutile son.

Kazraazs: Well, my lips are sealed.

Worst:
High Inquisitor Renald. That buffoon had family? Besides his daughter marrying the most chicken of the Imperials, I am not informed on the familial side of his.

Merlon. The stereotype seaman, who had relations wherever ports there is.

Queens Keera and Renova: Like mother, like daughter. Both xenophobic and opportunists. But Renova is better than the mother, who left the crown to screw Humans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.