• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ORPG - Name & Terrain Ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone out there,
currently I am working on my first big map (480x480) which shall be a medieval ORPG. But I have a few problems:
1. Idea for a name is missing.
2. Much empty space on the map --> What terrain does a good medieval orpg needs ?
3. Team needed :p Project Recruitment Link

It would be nice if anyone of you could help me at one of these 3 points :)

You need to put much more information.
The "Medieval" age did not just happen in one place, nor for only one year.
You have to specify around what year you are trying to capture.
Early medieval is much different to Late medieval.

You should also tell us how big you want the map. When I mean big, I mean it in terms of countries or just one country etc.

ANYWAYS-----
1.When you say a name, I'm assuming you are doing a realistic Medieval RPG, not a fantasy one.
So find out the king who ruled in the time frame you chose, and say "The Reign of Johnny Boi" or "Age of Kings" or something like that.

2. Probably for terrain you should be going for (if you're making a boring Medieval RPG) the generic "English" setting. So lots of forest, and lots of rain.

Level 4
Dear darkdeathknight,
first of all thanks for your ideas.
You are correct, the medieval age was long and I wasnt precise enough.
The time should be the Dark Ages, where the King were like a Dictator and preyed upon the poor. The Nobles had a good time because the King was corrupt.
This is the time when it should take place.
1. Yes this shall become a realistic RPG and the ideas of your names are great (and simple :p )

2. I wasnt talking about the terrain itself, I was talking about the terrain of some areas like there is a City with the castle in the mid of the map, what area do you go, when you pass the gates ? A swamp, a Forest, a mountain ? Something like that. And after that area, what comes next ? (With a good bridge between these areas)

First of all as project leader you must know 3 things:
Each project has 3 big parts, each one is special and can't work without other 2.
Story, Terrain and Code. You must know all 3 at first place.
You won't be able to work on big project without skills to imagine/write story, terrain or code.

Yes, you can hire members but you won't have them available 24/7, also you can anytime lose some of them and project will be doomed :)

Sorry if this scared you, that wasn't my attention, point it that you must have skills for something like this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.