• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Orc Gladiators: Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I feel a bit weird posting this, because i already have a thread in this forum about a similar map i started called Soul Gladiators. Before i started making Soul Gladiators, i had started work on Orc Gladiators clone but had lost the work on it (5+ years ago). Or so i thought, until i found it a few months ago on a memory stick!

Rather than finishing Soul Gladiators (which is considerably more complex than Orc Gladiators and would need a lot more time), i decided to instead spend time finishing this old project, mainly because (1) everyone knows what Orc Gladiators is and (2) it was pretty well developed, and (3) i knew i could easily move systems from Soul Gladiators and my other various dormant projects into this one.

The map as a whole has virutally all essential components implemented. It is playable; everything works smoothly, the game has all 20 waves, there's 7 weapons to choose from.

I am going to push to release it soon, but i am keen to listen for feedback if anyone likes Orc Gladiators and wants to give mine a try.

I know i'm bad at making fancy map descriptions, but here's the basics:

GAMEPLAY AND FEATURES:
  • Up to 10 players. The game scales with player number, though the game will always be easier with more people, especially for the later waves.
  • 7 Weapons. Scythe, Druid Staff, War Hammer, Double Blade, Katana, Claws and Bow.
  • Automatic Skill Aquisition. As with other Orc Gladiator games, you automatically gain abilities as you level up. You gain abilities on levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, giving each Weapon 6 abilities.
  • Scaling Abilities. All ability damage and healing is scaled off of attributes, and so are summoning abilities.
  • Talent Points. Each player has an upgrade building to further enhance your abilities. Ever wanted to have a reduced cooldown Tranquility? Summon 1 big Feral Spirit instead of 2 small ones? Make your Mana Tide totem also restore health? This game can do it! You get a Talent Point on hero levels 8, 10, 12 etc.
  • Balanced Mana Costs. All heroes have a high base mana regeneration of 2.0 points per second, and all mana costs are relatively low. This means you'll never get frustrated for being oom for long.
  • Reward System. At the end of each wave, choose 1 Reward from a selection of 3 via a dialog box. Choose the reward that benefits you the most.
  • 20 Waves. With the exception of waves 19 and 20, there's a Boss every 3 waves to keep things challenging. Bosses are quite simple at the moment, but they all have at least 1 ability which will require you to act accordingly.
  • Potions. Potions are permanent in this game, but they share cooldowns. This allows you to sustain yourself if your Weapon has limited self-sufficiency, or if your group is wiping and you need to retreat/kite to regenerate health and mana.
  • Scrolls. Scrolls are limited/charged items that have powerful effects, such as reviving a player, boosting armour or stunning a boss.
  • Upgradeable Items. Running out of things to spend gold on? These items are affordable and can be purchased 10 times to upgrade them.
SCREENSHOTS OF GAMEPLAY

orc-glads-reward-system-jpg.278531

to-battle-jpg.278532

shrek-meme-jpg.278533

The only major thing i'm missing from the map is the Credits because i have used a lot. But Bribe's DDS gets a special mention right now because really you can make anything possible with it!

Map attached.

Attachments

• Orc Gladiators Revenge 1.13b.w3x
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 1,746
Last edited:
Level 13
Legal bump.

Updated the map with fixed bugs. Have done quite a bit of testing courtesy of MMH. Overall the map is quite easy, the next version i will be tweaking waves to make them harder and to make the bosses more engaging/difficult. Still looking for constructive feedback <3

Level 2
Played it with three friends, so here our feedback.

- Are hydras burning my mana when I hit them? That's a little too strong I think. And not very interesting.
- Gold is useless until round 8 or something like that, except for buying water. Maybe adding some
- The reward system is somewhat broken. I had two or three times the choice to get 25 gold, which is not very interesting. Sometimes, I have possibilities instead of three (like +1 int or +7 dmg or +1 int), or there is no choice to be made at all (+1 str +1 int or +1 to all stats or +1 str +1 int again).

Otherwise, the map is fun! Thanks for updating it!

Level 13
Thanks for the feedback!

1. The Arcane Hydras do have feedback which burns mana when they attack you (there's 3 types; Fire Hydras (HP regen), Arcane Hydras (Feedback) and Ice Hydras (High base-armour). I decided to put feedback on some enemies to give groups who are very spell-dependent a bit of a challenge. I will try to make it more obvious what each hydra does (the Hydra model is horrible and it doesn't tint very well). If the mana burn is too much, i may lower it. Or i might lower their health so the wave dies before your group becomes mana starved to the point of wiping.
  • Generally the last outstanding thing i need to do is to brush up all the waves and make them more interesting. Bosses get overwhelmed by summons, and some waves or bosses do not have any mechanics/abilities at all (e.g. Furbolg wave). What would make a wave interesting to you?
2. I am thinking of adding other early-game items to help boost performance (things that you will need to sell later on, or use). But i still want everyone's priority to be get a decent potion and decent boots first.
3. Reward System is very random, i haven't attempted yet to make it not give you repeat-choices (which i think is what you're describing, e.g. choice 1 and 2 are the same), but i'll see if i can fix that. I am going to nerf hybrid choices like +1 int, +7 dmg to be balanced (i.e. +1 int, +5 dmg). The system is intended to make you think. Generally you always want to get your primary stat, and if you cant, then HP or DMG depending on your role. I admit +1 all stats its overbudgeted, i put it in as a "lucky you" kind of option, but +2 your primary stat is still the best, which i think is OK.
Out of curiosity, which classes did you play? Did you get stuck on the hydras?

Thanks again tho <3

Level 2
Hello again,

1. We first played with a Scythe, Bow, Katana and double blade (we all randomized our class). We didn't get stuck on the hydras (we died wave 17 I think), but they were a little boring to kill, because of our lack of mana. Making more obvious what they do should make the trick...

Adding spellcasters should make waves more interesting. Some blizzard, aoe entrangling roots with an alert of some king... Spells like that would make the player move in the arena.

2. That's what we did, but still... We have to wait for wave 3 or 4 to get the first hundred coins. Less with the new bonus coin for dps and tank.

3. Yeah, I was talking about repeats-choices. No problem otherwise!

4. We played the new version (as we played for the first time 2 hours or so before the update). We wanted to try the three weapons we didn't use before: Druid staff, claws and battlehammer. The fourth of us got a druid staff by random, so, we got two druids. And, damn, they're a bit too powerful I think. BattleHammer and claws were first tank and damage for the five or six first rounds, then the druids were. And best healers, for sure.

5. Apparently, killing the mirror-image wave 17 gives the rewards of the blademaster. Can't say precisely, as I was disconnected before this.

Level 13
5. Apparently, killing the mirror-image wave 17 gives the rewards of the blademaster. Can't say precisely, as I was disconnected before this.

I am aware of this bug and have it fixed it an upcoming version. The EXP gain and gold bonus don't actually trigger so it's nothing too serious, just spams you with the reward message :p.

Druids are pretty powerful... in that new version you played, they had already been nerfed! I think its mostly due to Force of Nature; the treants live for too long. At the end of the game, the Treant Protector (talent version) can tank an entire wave for about 7 or 8 seconds. I will look into reducing their health or duration.

Thanks for the further info <3

Level 13
Map has been updated. These are the minor changes:
  • Grammar changes on some tooltips.
  • New items at Relic shop.
  • A new shop has been added that sells mostly early game items
  • Druid tweaked.
  • Scythe tweaked.
  • Various improvements to some items.
  • The chance to get duplicate options for end-of-round Reward has been reduced greatly.
  • New talents for Scythe, Double Blade and Claws.
But by far the biggest changes are:
  • All wave mobs now have abilities
  • Later bosses have abilities, more damage and are better at dealing with summons
How this works is that all enemies generate mana by dealing physical damage. Most enemies, upon reaching 90 mana, will activate an ability (e.g. poison, stun, enrage, spell immunity) that may have a temporary or permanent duration.

I expect this to blow up the wave balancing quite badly, and my aim for the next version is to make the game harder/easier where appropiate. I have also not yet tested this in multiplayer (i plan to later), but providing there's no gamebreaking bugs, i will rebalance things and then release.

It has been uploaded onto MakeMeHost for easier playing.

Give the boss an ability that damages summons by a high value?

In the next version, all bosses will do 200% more damage to summons and illusions with their attacks. Unless summons are protected/buffed, they should die v. quickly.

Add aoe abilitys that force players to move around?

I am a bit reluctant to put in hostile AoE abilities as it clutters the screen, it's hard to differentiate between friendly damaging AOE effects and hostile damaging effects (e.g. a friendly rain of fire and a bad one) and if you're holed up in a corner and stuff starts raining down on you, you're probably screwed (and part of the classic OG gameplay is defending a point as a team).

In the upcoming version, enemies "charge up" by attacking, and after a certain point will use an active ability (e.g. entangle) or gain a passive ability (e.g. enrage gaining increased attack speed), which i'm hoping will encourage people to apply CC/slows on enemies, or to focus specific enemies that have enraged.

Have a boss summon a powerfull healing ward that players have to kill?

I have something like this being made for a boss which summons a War Banner that increases the attack damage of nearby enemies!

Level 13
Map updated again. A new playable weapon has been added; the Great Axe (learns Shockwave, War Stomp, Endurance Aura, Mortal Strike, Juggernaut and Berserker's Blood).

I have balanced things again but will need to do some more testing before i can release. Ideally i should implement at least 1 more weapon before then.

So still taking feedback if anyone's out there <3

Level 13
I'll give a feedback as soon as I can!

Thanks! I've probably just missed you but i have put a new version in this thread. It features the Pickaxe weapon (which is entirely new to Orc Gladiators). This one revolves around having a Watch Tower to help your team hold out. More importantly it features a crash fix caused by learning some talents for aura abilities whilst dead (you can no longer apply talents whilst dead).

cheers!

Level 2
Wow, epic map bro! Enjoying it so much. Continue your work.

P.S. Pickaxe last skill have to be changed. Looks very useless.

Level 13
Wow, epic map bro! Enjoying it so much. Continue your work.

P.S. Pickaxe last skill have to be changed. Looks very useless.

Glad you like it!

Hydra Arrows? It's actually pretty powerful to temporarily give your tower a multi-shot. If you take the right talents, your tower will dish out a lot of damage to enemies. Since it lasts so long, it can feel a bit "boring" because the tower multi-shots a few targets for a long time. I could reduce its duration and increase the amount of targets it hits to make it feel more epic. Pickaxe as a whole is underpowered at the moment, so you can expect some buffs/improvements to it in the next version.

Also anyone who cares, the Shaman Energize talent doesn't do anything by itself. Avoid it! (fixed in next ver ofc).

Level 2
Hydra Arrows is very good skill. I mean gold spaming skill, that skill appears the last one for Pickaxe.

And I made preview image for your map. I will be happy if you use it. Say if you want to change something.

Preview.png

Level 13
Ahh, Scavenger. It's not very useless, the last skill on most classes is very situational (Necro = Res, Katana = HP/MP when an ally dies), but i think you're right when you say it looks useless. If 100 coins drop in a game, you'll get 10 more coins, but you probably wont notice it. I may change it to increase the amount of gold you get from coins instead.

That's a very nice preview! I actually just released a new version with several changes, but i'll definitely consider using this in the next ver since i have 0% chance of making a decent one myself!

Level 2
So, I tried the new version. Again, four players.
Tried the pickaxe. Indeed, the last spell seems useless. 10 coins for the game, it's nothing when a coin gives something like 7 gold or so.

With their new spells, the ennemies deals far more damage... A little bit too much we'd say, cause they are tanky too. The game become far too quickly a kitting simulator. We had on every wave a player running around, all the monsters behind him. The others just had to attack until the enemy switch target, and here we go again.
I think you should either nerf ennemies hitpoints, spell damages or the number of ennemies.

Also, you maybe could add more ranged weapons. A wand, rifle, crossbow, a rifle or maybe potions for an alchemist-like character?

Level 13
So, I tried the new version. Again, four players.
Tried the pickaxe. Indeed, the last spell seems useless. 10 coins for the game, it's nothing when a coin gives something like 7 gold or so.

With their new spells, the ennemies deals far more damage... A little bit too much we'd say, cause they are tanky too. The game become far too quickly a kitting simulator. We had on every wave a player running around, all the monsters behind him. The others just had to attack until the enemy switch target, and here we go again.
I think you should either nerf ennemies hitpoints, spell damages or the number of ennemies.

Also, you maybe could add more ranged weapons. A wand, rifle, crossbow, a rifle or maybe potions for an alchemist-like character?

This is a very good point when it comes for me trying to balance waves, which isn't easy. Early in the game, if you dump AOE spells (like Rain of Fire, Lightning Bolt, Entangle etc.) on groups of enemies, they melt pretty quickly. Later in the game, spell damage isn't really that high, but auto-attack damage can become quite excessive (in the current verison, pickaxe is overpowered and is going to get the nerf hammer), which i think has led to me increasing the HP of enemies. In turn this means that if your group doesn't have a good auto-attacker, you're probably screwed.
Also, if like you, you are a small group of 4 people, you wont be able to have a full varied group composition. In a full-house game, you probably have a lot more variety, and a lot of weapons specialize in certain roles (Katana = single-target focus, Druid = heal/tank support, Pickaxe = hold the point, Bow = ranged/aoe damage, War Hammer = AoE CC, tank, Double Edge = lifesteal/tank etc.). Basically the game is going to be harder with fewer people, and i'm not sure how to fix that yet.

Spell damages are getting nerfed from creeps, especially ranged creeps that cast a damaging stun. They're too annoying.

Is there a wave that you think has too many enemies? The way the map is coded is to spawn 3, 6, 9 or 12 enemies per player.

I am currently working on a ranged weapon (War Drums) that's about 33% complete. It's an agility support type. Think of the Kodo Riders but just an orc with drums... Did think about an alchemist type character too but the inspiriation for the drums got to me first! If you have any other desires or ideas for other things in the game, nows your chance!

Thanks again for your thoughts & feedback.

P.S. what was your full group comp?

Level 2
Hey. Can you send me map (without scripts and unit data if you want to secure your creation), I want to experiment with terrain and make it more interesting. Ppl stay in certain places and dont like others, I want to fix this. Especially right-bottom corner and center: nothing interesting to stay there. Never saw someone want to defend that places.

an alchemist type character
Very interesting. I hope he will have Transmutations skill to instantly convert creeps into gold and craft items. Btw we can have only 4 items, its ok now, but if you make map more complicated and longer, players will suffer lack of inventory space. (Free first slot? Somehow make more slots?)

Level 13
Hey. Can you send me map (without scripts and unit data if you want to secure your creation), I want to experiment with terrain and make it more interesting. Ppl stay in certain places and dont like others, I want to fix this. Especially right-bottom corner and center: nothing interesting to stay there. Never saw someone want to defend that places.

Very interesting. I hope he will have Transmutations skill to instantly convert creeps into gold and craft items. Btw we can have only 4 items, its ok now, but if you make map more complicated and longer, players will suffer lack of inventory space. (Free first slot? Somehow make more slots?)

Asides from adding other items to the Hexes shop (only sells EXP and lumber, but i plan to make it sell attributes (with an interesting trade-off) in hopefully the next version) i agree end-game inventory space feels a bit limited. I was thinking of making the Level 10 version of the stackables to be consumable (e.g. Level 10 Belt of Strength, use it to permanently add +40 strength and it removes the item from inventory).

Once i've done some edits (working on new weapon at the mo), i'll either attach a stripped version or a very old version here later Baron!

I'm guilty of always camping the rocks :p

Level 2
Asides from adding other items to the Hexes shop (only sells EXP and lumber, but i plan to make it sell attributes (with an interesting trade-off) in hopefully the next version) i agree end-game inventory space feels a bit limited. I was thinking of making the Level 10 version of the stackables to be consumable (e.g. Level 10 Belt of Strength, use it to permanently add +40 strength and it removes the item from inventory).

Once i've done some edits (working on new weapon at the mo), i'll either attach a stripped version or a very old version here later Baron!

I'm guilty of always camping the rocks :p

Great.

I just have finished another game and have two points. Add -repick function at the start and "Game Over" at the end of the game when Orcs lost (Game never finishes, feels wrong).
Tnx man! Waiting for next version.

P.S. Preview without "Ver. x.x" Paste it by yourself if you want.

Preview2.png

Level 13
I was going to give you an old version but i remembered i have done some touch ups on the terrain from time-to-time so i'm not sure what version would be sufficient to give to you. So instead i just took the upcoming version and deleted half of the stuff :p.

Feel free to go wild!

Also i'll test out the preview before i forget!

Attachments

• Orcs Gladiators Revenge 1.12c Stripped Ver.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
Level 2
We had a pickaxe, bow, claws and katana. To be honest, we were overrun starting with wave 1. Wasn't our best game, but it was clearly harder with them having their spell before us!

War drums are good to me! I always liked kodo riders for this.

Didn't think about transmutation for the alchemist, as I'm viewing a man throwing needles at his friends to buff them, and spreading poison clouds. But transmut would do the thing too, I guess!

Edit: Oh, and for the inventory... Couldn't you juste remove the weapon in the inventory and juste give the bonus stat?
Or else you could add a blacksmith who could improve the bonus from the weapon, like you already do with the boots.
Or you could do a little of both.

Last edited:
Level 13
I can see why you probably struggled; you had great dps but not much to tank with. Mirror images and feral spirits at best :p, and those chew your mana up pretty quickly!

I somehow spent several hours today working on War Drums.. got carried away. Just need to design, create and implement his talents and he's playable.

I thought about combining alchemy and rogues together... since rogues like their poisons. I also fancy the idea of someone being invisible/stealthy. Being able to damage the backline of the enemy without getting destroyed instantly :p. A bit like the Katana's Windwalk but waayyyyy better. Thrown in with some poison clouds, crafting special potions, poison daggers etc. Could be quite a convincing skill set.

Another one high-up on my to-do list is the Wizard. I thought about letting him customize his skill gain (e.g. gets a choice of 3 spells on his Q slot).

But i shouldn't get carried away! There's a lot to do before i'll get close to making weapon number 11! And even more for number 12 :S

Level 2
Ok, here is reworked terrain. I hope it is good design. Have to be tested to find it out for sure.

Screenshot_5.jpg

Attachments

• Terrain Plus 1.12c Stripped Ver.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
Level 2
Hmmm. I've been thinking how to add more competition and deepness in gameplay. So what about to allow 11th player to be the jailer? He will control creeps heroes (every wave will have one hero with many abilities) and try to damage orcs as much as possible. Not creeps but only heroes. Every killed orc will give additional resourses to him. Jailer will buy upgrades to creeps and his heroes.
Not big deal if he leave game, AI can easily replace him, and we can allways play without 11th player.
What do you think?

Level 13
That's a very nice upgrade to the terrain, i've already added it! Fighting in middle looks like it could be fun.

I released a new version earlier today that contained the War Drums. I literally have -everything- in the game done to fairly good standards now (including having 10 weapons as to allow a better hero randoming system), so now i can focus on extras like new heroes or allowing someone to play the jailer.

It's a very cool idea and something i can easily implement. Player 11 consists of only friendly NPCs (which basically means Player 11 can be repurposed to be the Jailer). I did think about adding a boss to every wave to make things more interesting.

Do you think the Jailer should control the mini-bosses directly? Or perhaps he has his own hero that levels up each wave (like the gladiators) and he can learn abilities/talents etc (obviously revives at the end of each round, has his own room etc.). The thing with the enemies is that their AI can be a clunky, e.g. Bosses will get stuck in a herd of mobs and die before they can do much. If someone controls them, maybe the bosses will become deadly. Think of the Goliath (scorpion boss) aiming his impales at all the supports, might get messy :p. Would it make you angry if your group wipes because the jailer lined up that perfect impale and hit like 5 people at once?

I would be reluctant to let the Jailer do much else besides control a hero. If he could upgrade creeps, that means an AI jailer would need to upgrade as well. And balancing is hard enough for me, so i might leave upgrades out of it. What else could he do? Maybe hire mercenaries? Perhaps he actually gets to control a small squad of creeps AND the mini-boss, as maybe a way to flank the gladiators or focus on towers etc.

Another thing is that the game needs to be resistant to bad Jailers (tries to hide, or leaves, or disconnects). I think this would be fairly easy to deal with though.

On the note of competitiveness, the newest version now has a "Hall of Fame" that will list the team that clears the game with the highest grade (obviously it has to be reported to me!). If there is a jailer i would probably have to remove this feature (it would be worth it, though), because jailers could move mini-bosses away and stuff. Or i would have to look at the replay and decide if the jailer was playing properly.

It's definitely something i will think about! Always interested if you have more thoughts.

Level 2
I released a new version earlier today that contained the War Drums.

Wow, new version already, you are energetic!

Do you think the Jailer should control the mini-bosses directly? Or perhaps he has his own hero

Having his own permanent hero or control every new wave different boss have its own advantages and disadvantages. Its discussible moment, but I think to control mini-bosses will give more diversity.

If he could upgrade creeps, that means an AI jailer would need to upgrade as well.

AI can have 1-2 effective patterns, or even make upgrades randomly. Nobody expect miracles, his mission is to be ok and try to dont fail hard.

Perhaps he actually gets to control a small squad of creeps AND the mini-boss, as maybe a way to flank the gladiators or focus on towers etc.

One of Jailers upgrades can be spawning every wave additional controllable creeps of current wave. +3, +6, +9 and so on with upgrade level. Hire mercenaries is good idea too.
And to give Jailer more ways to control combat you can give him Spell Pillar. (Like in Enfo). But without vast limit of mana or he will collect mana to last waves to use all spells at once at hardest waves. He must have motivation to use mana here and now.

And you mentioned before that you want to make collectables to be converted into pure stats when reaching max level. Its very good idea, because collectables is literally books that cluttering up the inventory. What about merely replace them with normal books?

Level 13
Wow, new version already, you are energetic!

I would have waited, but with a new hero i really needed to test it to make sure there were no mega bugs/crash incidents. It works fine (though there are a few things that need to be fixed). I will definitely be churning out versions more slowly now. (well, i'll post a new one tomorrow with new terrain and a few fixes, but nothing major).

The collectables originally were there to have an item that felt like they had "progression". I think overall people like them (to the extent they'll buy them first which isn't smart :p) so i don't think there's a massive need to turn them into books. Plan is to add tome-like items to the Hexes shop. I don't want people spamming tomes over buying actual good gear (i.e. relics) because then inventories might become obsolete (i.e. you can just spam tomes). By making the Level 10 collectables to be able to use, it turns into a sort of investment for the player. And if they manage to reach level 10, then grats, you get to consume it, if not, no worries, its in your inventory.

But if Level 10 stackable = A tome of the same amount, then there is a problem of "they might as well be books". I could add a reward for making Level 10 stackables. E.g. consume it to get more stats, or maybe less stats in exchange for an inventory spot. Or maybe it gives EXP or something. Maybe stackables give +3 stats per stack (instead of 4) but using a 10-stack gives +40 stats as opposed to 30. Idk. I'll think about it when i have time (will be busy soon).

Level 13
What did you think of War Drums?

I was thinking of removing Persevere (heal on attack) all together and merging it with Motivate (IAS on attack) to make it a sort of keep-your-whole-group buffed sort of ability.

Either that or i was going to make Persevere affect more targets so it feels less RNG where your heals go.

Level 2
War Drums feels good, his intimidating realy helps.

I was thinking of removing Persevere (heal on attack) all together and merging it with Motivate (IAS on attack) to make it a sort of keep-your-whole-group buffed sort of ability.

It is good decision to merge them. I dont like to click a lot to switch them all the time, so less micro is good!

And War Drums third ability (I dont remember its name, sorry. Figure on red background?) that gives boost to his healing/buffing abilites have too long cooldown. My orc want to have this buff all the time, so what about to make it lasts longer or have shorter cooldown?

Ah, and please, add healing/buffing spell effect animation to War Drums. Simple healing effect will be enough. I'de like to see how and where my abilites work.

Level 13
Alright, i guess i'll look at merging them then and making it a full passive.

The healing/buffing already have effects. The buff is the spirit link effect (2 little orange orbs that orbit around you) and the heal was a little blue explosion. I didn't want them to look too shiny because they're proccing all the time.

Third ability (Rally) will probably get redesigned slightly if i merge persevere and motivate. I will reduce the cooldown depending how powerful/weak it becomes.

Level 2
The healing/buffing already have effects. The buff is the spirit link effect (2 little orange orbs that orbit around you) and the heal was a little blue explosion. I didn't want them to look too shiny because they're proccing all the time.

Oh, I wasnt paying much attention, sorry. =)

Just finished map with my old bro. Well, its easy when players know what to do. Necro with teleportation boots and resurrection scroll did great job. What about make EASY/NORMAL/HARD/NIGHTMARE options?

Last boss's bombardment skill leaves coins.

Level 1
Man, I love this game! Recently started playing Orc Glads again and thought revenge was an old version lol. Glad it's being continuously updated! Beat it twice this week, once with Claws and other time with Staff. Looking forward to trying out all the weapon choices. Some possible ideas:

1. Best healer/support bonus? (idk if vamp aura would throw this off). It kinda sucks seeing that the tank and dps guys get rewarded for doing well, but as a healer/support, you don't. A smaller reward would be okay because the same healer would usually get it I assume.

2. Have a tank player/summoned creature with the ability to taunt/aggro. Would help in situations where ranged mobs attack people in the back.

3. Have the mobs do more AoE damage. Have us move around and avoid it or something. Usually, we can just hold position and that's enough.

4. Another mechanic would be the ability for claws (possibly other classes) to cycle through totems. Would be interesting to have the choice to chose on the fly on whether to use a mana totem or an attack speed totem or something depending on whats going on or what your build strategy is. Or for necros to have the choice to choose between melee and ranged skeletons. But I guess that causes balance issues and becomes too much like WoW lol.

Level 2
Scrolls need your attention.

Screen3.jpg

How exactly this scroll weakens enemies? After usage I noticed that creeps got some damage and nothing more. Add more description plz.
Resurrection scroll have fatique effect after usage, what is fatique and how exactly it works? Add to description.
HP->Mana scrolls cost 100 gold, its a bit too much.

And I made icons for the Voodoo shop. Use it if you like. One extra icon.

New Skills.jpg

Attachments

• VoodooIcons.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 83
Level 13
Man, I love this game! Recently started playing Orc Glads again and thought revenge was an old version lol. Glad it's being continuously updated! Beat it twice this week, once with Claws and other time with Staff. Looking forward to trying out all the weapon choices. Some possible ideas:

1. Best healer/support bonus? (idk if vamp aura would throw this off). It kinda sucks seeing that the tank and dps guys get rewarded for doing well, but as a healer/support, you don't. A smaller reward would be okay because the same healer would usually get it I assume.

2. Have a tank player/summoned creature with the ability to taunt/aggro. Would help in situations where ranged mobs attack people in the back.

3. Have the mobs do more AoE damage. Have us move around and avoid it or something. Usually, we can just hold position and that's enough.

4. Another mechanic would be the ability for claws (possibly other classes) to cycle through totems. Would be interesting to have the choice to chose on the fly on whether to use a mana totem or an attack speed totem or something depending on whats going on or what your build strategy is. Or for necros to have the choice to choose between melee and ranged skeletons. But I guess that causes balance issues and becomes too much like WoW lol.

1. It would take a lot of effort to implement a support bonus. Warcraft 3 is terrible at tracking healers, it can track heals, but not who does the healing. I would have to trigger every heal in the game to be trackable. If i don't implement it properly, it'll end up being crap. It's also a lot of maths i'd need to add to triggers to track actual healing (if rejuvenation heals a full health target, it shouldn't count). The best idea at the moment is, lets say you cast Rejuvenation, everytime it heals an injured target, you get +1 support score. Each time your Flesh Golem heals with its passive, you get +1 support score. Casting bigger spells, such as Embolden, would give you more score (+5). Vampiric Aura would be hard to track in this case, unless there was only ONE double edge player. It's a bit of a headache.e.g.
I could be simplistic and say, casting rejuvenation gives you +5 score instead of score everytime it heals an injured ally, but it's almost exploitable (you can just spam rejuvenations on everything, even those that aren't injured, to farm score).
I have thought about doing a system based on scoring depending on how much mana you spend on support, but passive abilities like vamp aura and motivate wont work when they add considerable support.

2. I would be happy to add a Taunt ability to necro golems and treant protector, i'll add it to my list :p

3. Also on my to-do list!

4. Mana Tide Totem is super awesome for teamplay, the mana it provides is useful. Necros having ranged/caster skeles is something that has been requested a lot. I may give them the ability to summon a melee and ranged. Maintaining an army would become mana intensive.

Scrolls need your attention.

View attachment 280303

How exactly this scroll weakens enemies? After usage I noticed that creeps got some damage and nothing more. Add more description plz.
Resurrection scroll have fatique effect after usage, what is fatique and how exactly it works? Add to description.
HP->Mana scrolls cost 100 gold, its a bit too much.

And I made icons for the Voodoo shop. Use it if you like. One extra icon.

View attachment 280304

At the moment it reduces the current HP of all enemies by 33%. I am currently looking at all items and tweaking. Scrolls will get their turn too.
Fatigue is applied by all resurrection effects, it used to be very horrible but it's sort of pointless at the moment. Sticking the full explanation on all resurrection abilities looked v. ugly so i replaced it with "target suffers fatigue".

Icons look good, i'll add them when i can!

I'm going to be busy the next 2 days so i wont be making much progress, but i might release the current next version just to push out some useful changes. Changes to scrolls and stuff will come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.