• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Humans Gladiators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys. I know many of you played map "orc gladiators". I want to show you a similar map, which I did. "Humans Gladiators"
This is not a noob map. It's about 4 years old and during this time it was played by thousands of players and there were many updates. Yesterday I finished translating it into English. Translation may not be very good, but playable.
Now about the map. This is an arena like the orcs gladiators. Choose a weapon and fight vs enemies. But there are many features, all kinds of things. And almost all the items are displayed on the characters. By the way, a lot of models for map I took from hiveworkshop and for this thank you.
I suggest watching a trailer with subtitles and playing, if you want.
But remember this map is just for the team game. Solo is not allowed. No, u can solo. But u know. Its like soccer(football). You can try to play soccer alone, but it's not at all fun, like playing with people.

If you play on battleNet, you can use makemehost. To host a game. There is this map named "humans_gladiators_2017 [eng]".

Write your feedback and impressions of the map.

Map trailer:
Its old version of map(in video), but u can see items, enemies, arena etc
Dl map: Humans Gladiators 2017 [eng] - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

karta.jpg

Attachments

• humans_gladiators_2017[eng].w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You seem to misunderstand what this section is for.
This section exists to showcase (WIP) projects that are being
created and uploaded on THIS website, not to advertise a map
uploaded on another website.

The Hive Workshop has standards for uploaded resources,
EpicWar has not. Do not showcase maps that aren't meant
to be uploaded in Hive's Map Section here.

If you want people to test your map, attach it to your
post instead of linking to another website and work on it
to meet Hive's standards.

Level 11
I love this map and its attachment mechanics, makes customization very fun.
Even though I love the mechanics and playstyle, there are a few key problems...

#1 Way too hard - can't get past the 3rd round even with a Full House. Perhaps consider adding difficulty options.
#2 Gold income only from bounty - this is imbalanced because tanks don't do as much damage as ranged. Give gold after rounds + kill bounty.
#3 The spawned creeps that are human are way bigger than your character's size - it's like fighting giants, would like to see the scale more relative among human units.

Keep up the good work mate.

Level 3
I'm glad that someone like it.
#2 Gold is added after each round. amount equal to wave number. After the first wave 1 gold. After the fourth 4. After the twentieth 20 Etc. And the team game is also important. Sometimes players send a little gold to tank, if he does not have enough for a shield and armor. tank can make a shield and helm with active attack abilities and farm gold with that. There are also sometimes drops coins and items for sale. A melee hero has a choice to play as a damager and have a lot of gold, but then most likely everyone will lose in middle or end-part of game. Or play like a tank and have less gold. Or try to find a balance. Or simply steal all item drops. Many ways. Still it is possible to make boots, improve movespeed, choose specialization with + ms and just run all round and shoot with spells or items.
Sorry for bad eng

Level 13
I have played this a few times (not sure of the version) when people host it on MMH, i like it and find it fun, but there's a few problems with it:

(Played as hammer and volcano)
  • Some skills lack proper tooltips.. i assume this is because they haven't been translated to english
  • The balancing is horrible at the later stages of the game; the damage output of players and mobs scales too high compared to health values
  • Recipe system is a bit redundant since you only combo 2 or 3 items; you may as well make recipes inventory-friendly by adding the cost of components to the recipe and removing the components
  • In a pug group, loot dropped by mini-bosses just gets owned by greed... would be better to give everyone a random item, or put drops in a shop etc.
  • Glyph system feels a bit useless by the time you're level 11; it's nice, but the actual effects seem a bit pointless when everyone already has loads of attributes/attack damage (if you scaled this down it might feel more impactful). Some glyphs seem a bit useless too (like the one that gives +1 sec for hand of protection).
  • The thing you get to choose at level X or whatever it is (you buy from vendor with 1 lumber + gold) that adds an ability: some of these give extra effects if you land a killing blow (i think). this is bad design since some players will snowball in power, leaving others behind becoming a bit useless.

Level 3
>>Some skills lack proper tooltips..
Yes you are right. Several abilities are missing translations.
>>The balancing is horrible...
More than 3 years there were countless new versions and in each balance was corrected.I understand that there can not be an ideal balance, but still it's good.
Starting from about the 20 wave, difficult is greatly increased with each next. This is not a bug. Only true skill players can become gladiators)
>>Recipe system
Maybe u right
>>In a pug group
The map is unwinable without a team play.
>>Glyph system
The last waves are very hard. Of course + 10 seconds to the duration would be much more useful. But the map is hard and balanced. I believe that + 25% of the spell duration is normal. The game has a lot of difficult choices like this one. Buy an expensive glyph and get a small bonus. Or not to buy, but to remain without a bonus. It also depends by the role of player.
>>The thing you get to choose at level X
I'm not sure what I understood correctly. But specializations balanced and changed many times with each new version. I think now they are good balanced. This does not mean that each is equally useful for any class. Some are useless in most situations. Some put the player between the choice between "bad" and "very bad". Some require a good team game, etc. For example, a specialization that gives +9 hp after each kill useless in game with 11 players when all have same number of kills. But in some cases player with that spec can get to the end of the game more then +9000 hp.

Level 13
>>The balancing is horrible...
More than 3 years there were countless new versions and in each balance was corrected.I understand that there can not be an ideal balance, but still it's good.
Starting from about the 20 wave, difficult is greatly increased with each next. This is not a bug. Only true skill players can become gladiators)

But having such a jump in difficulty is a bad design... why? Because you get used to using a playstyle for the easier stuff which becomes irrelevant for the hard levels. You don't really give players a chance to learn how to handle the harder levels, or a way to learn how to. I know that linear increases to difficulty are boring, but having such a steep curve suddenly is frustrating. This is just my opinion ofc, feel free to ignore it :p

The last waves are very hard. Of course + 10 seconds to the duration would be much more useful. But the map is hard and balanced. I believe that + 25% of the spell duration is normal. The game has a lot of difficult choices like this one. Buy an expensive glyph and get a small bonus. Or not to buy, but to remain without a bonus. It also depends by the role of player.

There's a big difference between +10 seconds and +1 seconds :p. +% increases are arbitrary and don't mean a lot without context... (e.g. if something lasts 1 second, and you increase its duration 1 second; that's a 100% increase which isn't really a lot extra duration). So applying your "+25% increase" rule to anything doesn't really work. Hand of Protection is a strong buff which makes the Paladin class actually useful for tanking/buffing allies: BUT an extra 1 second feels like basically nothing. I'd so go with +2 seconds at least, maybe +3.

And the Paladin ultimate which is a single-target, high damage ability... i get that it scales with Strength, but one time i was playing the paladin as a support-tank and it ended up not being able to 1-shot enemies... sure it was powerful, but i had to start using it on low health enemies just for the gold income.

For example, a specialization that gives +9 hp after each kill useless in game with 11 players when all have same number of kills. But in some cases player with that spec can get to the end of the game more then +9000 hp.

I feel like this kind of mechanic is clunky and archaic... last-hitting things is honestly one of the most tedious aspects of games like DotA... especially in a gladiator arena, all you want to do is hack and slash and blow up enemies asap, not strategically land killing blows 1 by 1.

I opened up the map to look at the specs again... most of them are actually good, i have comments on them but i'll spare you my boring opinions

BUT overall, fix the tooltips! One of the most frustrating things is not knowing what your spells do! Game might actually be easier then :p

I THOUGHT OF SOMETHING ELSE: Pllllleeeeeeeeeeeease make the barrels/barricades indestructible... even if you don't have trolls, people still kill them by mistake

Level 3
>> fix the tooltips
i counted only 2 passives. 1 - standart bash. 2 - faery fire passive orb o_O both have standart pic
>> make the barrels/barricades indestructible
bosses aoe damage crashes barricades. Without this all would stand the whole game in one hole. Its not fun.
>> But having such a jump in difficulty is a bad design
I think this jump was in one game. And this is because of the players.Maybe it's because there was no team game or wrong tank gearing. The difficult and strength of mobs are increasing, but there is no such thing as a very huge jump. Only on the last two waves, but there the finale and there everything is different.

Level 13
Mmmm i see. I'll have to play it again to give you more useful feedback.

Never noticed NPC abilities damaging barricades; maybe the archers weren't to blame :p. I understand why enemies can break the barricades.. it makes sense.. but why can players? Escape purposes? I see them get misclicked all the time in this type of game (esp. the rocks/crates in orc gladiators!). Extremely annoying if it happens mid-wave, and can confuse players leading to a wipe when everyone is spread suddenly.

Anyway, if i play it again, i'll see if i have any new thoughts for you :).

Status
Not open for further replies.