• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Orbiting orbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
1. I want orbs to orbit around a unit. I haven't found any good tutorials for this, does anyone know how to make it?

2. If one orb rotates around the unit and another orb is added, I want the angle between them to be 180°, is this possible to make?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. I want orbs to orbit around a unit. I haven't found any good tutorials for this, does anyone know how to make it?
I am guessing some kind of stationary missile that follows the unit and you use the movement effects to get it to orbit.

2. If one orb rotates around the unit and another orb is added, I want the angle between them to be 180°, is this possible to make?
Would need to recreate all missiles with specified launch angles or use triggers to blend the missiles into position.

Level 6
Would it work if I attached the orb to the unit with a turret actor and then put an offset for it?
(They don't have to blend in at 180 degrees from each other.)

Level 3
it changes the way the unit with turret turns around when firing (attacking). E,g Missile turret would make the unit turn its body to attack in the direction towards the enemy, diamondback too, some units's turrets would make the unit shoot at straight line even when the enemy is not in front, and that's not good cause the animation shows shooting straight and the unit is eg behind or side

Status
Not open for further replies.