• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Onslaught: Domination, arena map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map name: Onslaught: Domination
Name of the creator: OnlyAddicted (<-me, Solu9)
Current stage of the map: Very late beta

Beginning of the game:
You will start in a selection zone and pick one of 6 warriors. Each hero have 7 spells/abilities in their arsenal.

-Voidmancer: Ranged. Is mainly using debuffs to cripple his enemies to kill them from afar. He can turn invisible if things get too hot.
Ultimate: Death and Decay - High damage to enemies in an area.

-Spellslinger: Ranged. Is more or less a pure damage dealer and uses spells only, to slow, stun or damage his enemies.
Ultimate: Soul Burn - High damage over time and reduces the target's damage dealt.

-Shadow Dancer: Melee. Uses poisons to slow opponets, either to slow a fleeing target or to slip away. Can turn on Wind Walk, has a passive critical strike and dodge chance and a stun ability.
Ultimate: Shadow Dance - boots her damage by 100% for a short amount of time.

-Death Stalker: Ranged. Skilled with bows and has different kinds of arrows to either damage, slow or stun her target. Can use slowing trap and reduce enemies' armor.
Ultimate: Death's Shadow - Summons a copy of herself which deals high amount of damage to targets in range.

-Devout Defender: Melee. Heavy armored warrior who can buff allies and himself with damage, armor and run speed. He can stun from afar and use Grip of Holding to hold a target in place.
Ultimate: Avatar - Increases damage, armor and max HP and makes him immune to spells.

-Storm Warrior: Melee. Focuses on air abilities such as Thunder Clap, Cyclone and Cone of Electricity. He can go into a frenzy which improves his movement and attack speed.
Ultimate: Blade Twister - The Storm Warrior gets engulfed in a tornado which damages enemies in range.

Stat distribution:
Once done you get transferred to the Tome of Knowledge where you can buy 15 stat points with you newly acquired gold. Pick your stats and go to the nearby Circle of Power.

Gameplay:
You will get transferred again, now to the playing field and here you will stay the remaining time of the game. There are 9 spawn points which is picked randomly. Warning! You will lose all unspend gold
You start out with a Healing Potion, a Mana Potion and a Talisman of Freedom.
The Talisman of Freedom is interesting because it lets your warrior turn invulnerable for 5 seconds. This is a great way to escape a pin down or to finish off a fleeing enemy trying to hinder you. Its on a 2 minute cooldown.

Now its about time to hunt down your enemies and show that you are more skilled than them.
Try to work together with you teammate as much as possible and if you are up against two, try to keep on of them stunned or slowed at all times. This is by the way a great time to use your Talisman of Freedom.

Whenever you kill an enemy you get 1 gold, and so will your teammate.
Whenever you die you get 1 gold, but your teammate wont. When you die you respawn (with full health and mana) in one of the 9 spawn points instantly to keep the pressure high and cuts downtime to almost nothing.
The gold you earn can be used in various shops to buy potions, jewelry or equipment. The prices are steep and thats not a coincidence. If you could buy insane items for low amount of gold the game would quickly get unbalanced. The items are just there so you can get the edge.
You will find the need to buy healing and mana potions often. This, again, is on purpose so you can't spam kill your opponent with your spells and abilities. Furthermore, the better you are than your opponent, the better you kill/death ratio will be, thus give you more gold to actually spend on items.

Spells and abilities have relative short cooldowns. There is no fun in bursting all of your spells at once and just watch you char auto attack for ages, just to burst all of the spells once again.
I have tried to make it so each hero has offensive as well as defensive abilities, most of them can actually be used for both given the right situation. Furthermore I have tried to make it so that you can combo the abilities to give a greater effect, and even tried to add more than one way of doing so.

Remember, just because you control a melee hero it does not mean that you HAVE to stay in melee all the time. Same goes for ranged, sometimes its better to have the opponent close to you rather than having a gun duel to death.

Lastly on the gameplay. Use the terrain to you advantage!

Hotkeys:

The use of hotkeys is of extreme importance! Every hero has the same hotkeys used. The keys are.

//,R,T,Y
D,F,G,E

Get used to them and hold your hand over them at all times. You WILL need to act and react fast and the best way to do so is by having your hand ready.
The camera moves along with the hero so you wont need to be concerned by having the screen in the right place.

Win/lose condition:
When you get a killing blow you also get a point in your killscore. Your killscore combined with your teammate's killscore show how far you are from winning or losing the match.
It takes 15 kills in all to win.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The map is greatly inspired by World of Warcraft arena, Diablo 2 PvP and various Warcraft 3 maps.

I would like to state that this is my first map ever released. It wont include crazy triggering, actually the contrary.

I have tried to make a fun and simple map rather than a look-at-my-skills map, where your ability to control you hero and his spells and general know-how on your favorite hero comes into play.
The more you play the better you will get at you hero and learn new and better tactics to defeat the other types of heroes.
Learn it by doing, over and over again.

Onslaught: Domination is actually the third in my personal Onslaught series. But is the first one where players will fight each other.
It is meant for four friends to compete against each other in teams, but can be played as 1v1 and 2v2v2 as well.
This map is indeed best played with friends on LAN or friends in the same game on b.net!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you will enjoy my map and by all means feel free (and I encourage you) to give constructive criticism!

Credits: Judash137, PROXY, Kitabatake, Alastor, -Grendel for some awesome models :)

Edit: Spelling
Edit: Updated Gameplay section, Added a Hotkey section

Attachments

• Onslaught - Domination.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.