• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

One fast, easy question :) {spot of an ability}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
How do u determinate were the spells on a hero is, i mean if i have 4 skills, how do i make them at the spot i want, like i have storm bolt, war stomp, healing wave and chain lightning. How do i make the storm to be at the left, war stomp to the right of storm bolt, healing wave to the right of war stomp and so on, if u get what i mean. :)

Level 17
If you check the very top of the spell editor, you will see button position.

The first is left->right & the second is top-> down.

for example, if you set them to 0:0, you will find the icon at the top left corner.
If you set them to 2:1, you will find it at the second from the left bottom.

If this was hard to understand i can make a quick paint pictue to show you.

Level 11
This will make you clearly, but this is unit one, but ability is the same concept.
you can find those thing also.

Art - Button Position (X) (Integer)
Defines in which column to place the button for the unit/building/hero, in the bottom-right command-interface area. A building's button can be viewed in the construction tab of a worker unit who can construct that building. For units and heroes, it can be viewed in the building in which the unit or hero is trained. Column values range from 0 (Left-most column) to 3 (Right-most column).

Art - Button Position (Y) (Integer)
Defines in which row to place the button for the unit/building/hero, in the bottom-right command-interface area. A building's button can be viewed in the construction tab of a worker unit who can construct that building. For units and heroes, it can be viewed in the building in which the unit or hero is trained. Row values range from 0 (top-most row) to 2 (Bottom-most row).

uniteditor1.jpg

Level 12
For hero abilities you can set the Research button positions as well - this one can fit anywhere excluding 2/3 (that's the cancel position).

Auto-cast abilities also have Turn-Off button positions which I recommend to be put the same as the Normal button positions, otherwise it'll switch button position every time you switch autocast on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.