• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Omni Slash help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im trying to make a spell similair to the omnislash from dota, both spells that are similar on this site: Omnishlag and blade dance only attack 1 unit and have far to much coding in it for me to work with. If someone could give me a few tips or make a simple test map with the basics in it i would appriciate it. If you are not familiar with the dota spell i am refering to heres a description : blinks around battlefield slashes random units in area of targeted unit (x) times for (y) damage. while omnislashing your unit becomes invulnerable and 50% transparent.

Level 7
this is quite simple, now there are two ways, a loop and just the same action repeated
basically the first thing moves you to the target and plays the attack animation, then it picks one unit within range and moves and damages,this just continues until the max number of hits has been reached

Level 2
re

Thanks for the tip, ill give it a shot, and sorry about requesting this again, i looked through all the spells and couldnt find the one that i was looking for, and didnt have the time to look through all the old paged of threads, again i appologize.

Level 2
re

well i made my skill but im havin some kind of problem with it.. any help would be appriciated... heres my spell
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Blade Weave
Actions
Unit Group - Add all units of (Units within 512.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) to bladeweavetarget
Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
Wait 0.50 game-time seconds
For each (Integer BladeDanceHitAmount) from 5 to 6, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)
Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack,slam animation
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast) for (Max(((Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) x 25.00), ((Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) x 30.00))) using attack type Chaos and damage type Universal.
Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering player)
Selection - Select (Random unit from bladeweavetarget)
**(These next 2 come after the looped action) Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable

The only thing that happens when i use the skil is that my hero becomes invulnerable and 50% transparent, then he teleports to the middle of the map and nothing else happens.. any ideas why this is happening?

Level 10
I don't think they've ever made one and posted it that actually was dependant on the actual amount of damage done by the hero at the current time of catsing (as in delaing the exact range in damage the hero would normally deal. The reason this would be nice is you could weave a crit strike in the spell for higher chances of effectiveness.

Level 7
I pray to all the gods in the heavens USE CODE BOXES!! please man its hard to follow your triggers as it is, okay I can't see outside of the editor wahts wrong but give me a few days and I'll rig up a spell for you, it will only be for a single level but will let you see how to do th rest

Level 3
One major problem i have found with all these omnislash like skills is that it will also teleport to your allies, now i have tried on numerous occasions to fix these but have no god damn clue how to, so please could an expert programmer on this site please post a proper Omni slash like skill so people could download it, thanks

Level 7
To keep it from picking allies make it do soemthing like this
Code:
Pick overy units in Random 1 units in 500 range of Casting unit matching condition Boolean Comparison(owner of unit is an enemy of Owner of Casting unit)

The comparison will ensure that only enemy units are attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.