• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Olimpian Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Olimpian Hero it is an RPG campaign that i'm working at. Becouse now there are so many Warcraft 3 RPGs that are bassed on Warcraft lore, I thought about making an RPG that takes place in Ancient Greece.

The Story: You start as one of the three sons of Argonius the Guvernor of Narthan city. Becouse some tragic events that will take place in your family, your father dies. After some years your wife and children were kidnapped by an gang of thiefs named: "The Messengers of Kronos". To save your family you gave your soul to Poseidon the god of seas. And here you will begin in the game, in front of Poseidons temple.

Info: I'm planing to make an high detalied campigne with each one of the 10 maps have at least 7000 doodads. I whant to be as close to the ancient Greece mithology as posible.

Progress:
>Episode 1:

-Countryside and city:

Terrain 100%
Imports 96%
Units 89%
Triggers 20%
Story 100%
Quests 58%

-Dungeon:

Terrain 85%
Imports 92.5%
Triggers 12%
Story 100%
Quests 68.5%

>Episode 2: 0%

>Episode 3: 0%

The Final Boss of episode 1:
Scylla

Recruitment:
I need a good modeler that is able to make custom attachments for units.

Last edited:
Level 2
looks really nice :D i never did know why noone ever made some greek-mythology-style rpg or campaign for wc.. its so fitting

Level 11
Olympian* ^^

Almighty Wikipedia said:
the name kraken never appears in the Norse sagas

Sagas are histories about vikings, their trips and, generally, Northern folklore. Kraken is a creature of the Norwegian mythology, not the Greek one...

Your terrains scream "WoW!" Looking good so far, but I'm not too fond of the WoW rips.

That, for now. I hope I get to play this map soon, so that I can give my full review :)

PS. I found no "Argonius" nor "Narthan" anywhere ^^

Level 4
I said i will keep close to greek mythologi but never said i will have only creatures from that mythologi... but if you whant so much i will rename the krakken to scylla. And Argonius is a caracter i imagined and Narthan it was a real city but i changed the name, the real name is Aigosthena. And most of the model were custom made... or the autors just reduced the filesize of wow models, don't know maybe... only thing i know was that they said they made them.
Edit:Btw i've added screenshots from the upcoming demo.

Level 11
I think you misunderstood my words. I'm not saying all this to offend you. The Greek mythology is the most screwed up mythology you can find. People use it all the time, with devastating results. Most of them mix irrelevant and untrue information and then present them as perfectly true. That's what I don't like.

I said i will keep close to greek mythologi but never said i will have only creatures from that mythologi...
I thought about making an RPG that takes place in Ancient Greece.

My mistake. I thought that you would make a map entirely based on Ancient Greek mythology. Be careful though, mixing mythologies may have the opposite effect, and it might make your map confusing.

but if you whant so much i will rename the krakken to scylla.
Of course I don't want you do do something you don't want yourself.

And most of the model were custom made... or the autors just reduced the filesize of wow models, don't know maybe... only thing i know was that they said they made them.

Whatever the case, these are WoW models. I, personally, have no problem if you use WoW models, I just think that WoW models make W3 maps ugly. But that's my opinion.

Level 4
I know that WoW models makes map ugly, but that happens if they are bad used... If someone whants to use them they must have at least 50% WoW models or at least some WoW tilesets, becouse if someones uses only 2 or 3 WoW models and the rest basic Wc3 models from the start the map will stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.