• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OLD] What is your favorite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
'Full Moon's Eyes' by Ostrogoth; here's the full EP. To be frank, it's the only real good thing they released. 'Ecstasy and Danger' is okay, at best.

'Jökelväktaren' by Vintersorg; pretty decent blast from the past. It's not as Bathory-esque as 'Till Fjälls', but the black metal riffs are there and the screeches as well! Not that Vintersorg has released a single bad album.

'Emptiness Beneath the Great Emptiness' by Dawn Ray'd; ANTIFA black metal. Does anything get anymore lulzworthy than this? Great track, hysterically entertaining to hear PC and ANTIFA rhetoric presented in a black metal format. Fits the bill though, doesn't it? Hatred, violence, anti-religious, anti-conformist and destruction? Commie Euronymous would've been proud.

Level 25
'Lavin' by Vintersorg; more from the latest album, because nothing but Folk- and "Viking" metal has been spinning for weeks now.

'Drömsjäl, Nattsjäl' by Månegarm; are these guys still called "Nazis" by the PC police? I've already spammed 'Hemfärd', so this will have to do.

'Midnattens widunder' by Finntroll; "Eld och blod för mitt folk! Mitt svärd skola törsta för blod! Blod utav Evas svaga barn! Blod utav Kristi stam!". Whilst "Oom-pah Oom-pah"-metal can bore me to tears at times, this track is phenomenal and the lyrics are hysterically funny.

Last edited:
Level 28
'Emptiness Beneath the Great Emptiness' by Dawn Ray'd; ANTIFA black metal. Does anything get anymore lulzworthy than this? Great track, hysterically entertaining to hear PC and ANTIFA rhetoric presented in a black metal format. Fits the bill though, doesn't it? Hatred, violence, anti-religious, anti-conformist and destruction? Commie Euronymous would've been proud.
Yea right? Someone said that black metal hasn't had much murders in a while, so now the universe is working on that by pitting antifa and white nationalists bands in it. I doubt any political-leaning BM band will ever be relevant in the scene though =P
Other two antifa bands that debuted this year are Gaylord and Neckbeard Deathcamp, though they're clearly more into mockery/satire than writing actual BM music.

Today I discovered this because of a black-metal "flavoured" board game called Cave Evil. Sounds kinda like some 80's-90's death metal for those into it.

Level 25
'Flyboy' by The Clockwork Dolls; so called "Steampunk". I've no idea what Steampunk means in music these days, but I do adore Abney Park. But this is cool. Sounds more like "soft" Martial Industrial in my opinion, however.

'A Forest of Crumbs' by The Clockwork Dolls, from 'A Forest of Crumbs'.
'Hold the Line' by The Clockwork Dolls, from 'When Banners Fall'.
'The Band Played Waltzing Matilda' by The Clockwork Dolls, from 'When Banners Fall'.

Status
Not open for further replies.