• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OLD] What is your favorite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Song I posted is unrelated to what I have to say.
I have listened to some truly occult-driven metal like Morbid Angel's Abominations Of Desolation.
The band members at that time truly believed every word in the Simon's Necronomicon and they have devoted their music to the ancient ones.
Before every live show they would do a ritual and on stage they had a couple of occultist decorations they carried on every live show. This made it all more authentic and for me that is kick ass.

Level 24
Sabaton - To Hell and Back (New Song)

This is a song about the U.S soldier Audie Murphy recieved all military awards that the U.S militairy could hand a soldier such as 3 purple hearts as well as a medal of honor for for his defensive actions against German troops in 1945. During an hour-long siege, he stood alone on a burning tank destroyer firing a machine gun at attacking German soldiers and tanks. Wounded and out of ammunition, Murphy climbed off the vehicle, refused medical attention, and led his men on a successful counterattack.

This song was named To Hell and Back since that was the name of a movie from the 1950's where Audie Murphy played himself.

Sabaton will starting the 31-7-2014 start their Swedish tour throughout the Swedish landscapes (In Sweden provinces or regions are called landscapes) and they will start of at Nösnäsvallen (which is the fotball field just outside where I live :)) and they will play at the southern and central landscapes of Sweden.

Level 24
This song is even better than Far From the Fame which is another song from this album that has also been shown. The best part is obviously "Where Hell's 6 feet deep" which is a reference to the body count.

Level 24
Meh, since the last album I thought they were going the good way with Karoliner and shit, now they are back again to this call of duty stuff.

Yeah, Karolinens Bön and A Lifetime of War were two great songs. From this album we've heard Far From the Fame and To Hell and Back both being about WWII and WWI veterans and since the album is called heroes we can most definitely say that all the songs are going to be about individuals. This far however there are still 8 songs we haven't heard so I wouldn't say it's too late yet. We also the song Inmate 4859 which will almost definitely be about Pilecki and his trip to Auschwitz.

They will probably not make any more songs about Swedish history since their songs gathered the wrong crowds in Sweden. Apparently people saw them as racists even though in songs like A Lifetime of War they sang "Two ways to rule the world so similar at times, two ways to rule the world to justify their crimes. By kings and queens young men are sent to die in war, their propaganda speaks those words been heard before!" This being a reference to the catholic and protestant countries, Sweden being one of the protestant nations.

Not to mention the song Killing Ground where they sing "See the Caroleanen standing tall all for one and one for all enemies fall at their feet begging for their mercy! See the Caroleanen standing tall conquer lands and slaughter all enemies fall at their feet, victory and great defeat!" Or we have the Swedish version which makes the message even clearer.

Yeah, Karolinens Bön and A Lifetime of War were two great songs. From this album we've heard Far From the Fame and To Hell and Back both being about WWII and WWI veterans and since the album is called heroes we can most definitely say that all the songs are going to be about individuals. This far however there are still 8 songs we haven't heard so I wouldn't say it's too late yet. We also the song Inmate 4859 which will almost definitely be about Pilecki and his trip to Auschwitz.

They will probably not make any more songs about Swedish history since their songs gathered the wrong crowds in Sweden. Apparently people saw them as racists even though in songs like A Lifetime of War they sang "Two ways to rule the world so similar at times, two ways to rule the world to justify their crimes. By kings and queens young men are sent to die in war, their propaganda speaks those words been heard before!" This being a reference to the catholic and protestant countries, Sweden being one of the protestant nations.

Not to mention the song Killing Ground where they sing "See the Caroleanen standing tall all for one and one for all enemies fall at their feet begging for their mercy! See the Caroleanen standing tall conquer lands and slaughter all enemies fall at their feet, victory and great defeat!" Or we have the Swedish version which makes the message even clearer.

And who are these 'wrong crowds'? I don't see any problem with the songs and lyrics, it's true that some songs have identical titles as the band Ultima Thule, which are regarded racist by some (which is totally untrue). Furthermore I can't see any sign of swedish supremacy or whatever in the lyrics.

At least they could include something from ww1, this year it's 100th anniversary of the beginning of the war, our national news site even has a separate section about it.

Level 10
During an hour-long siege, he stood alone on a burning tank destroyer firing a machine gun at attacking German soldiers and tanks. Wounded and out of ammunition, Murphy climbed off the vehicle, refused medical attention, and led his men on a successful counterattack.

now this is about as badass as one can get

Level 24
At least they could include something from ww1, this year it's 100th anniversary of the beginning of the war, our national news site even has a separate section about it.

Far From the Fame is a song about Karel Janosek who was a soldier from Czechoslovakia that served during WWI and WWII.

now this is about as badass as one can get

I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

Far From the Fame is a song about Karel Janosek who was a soldier from Czechoslovakia that served during WWI and WWII.

That it's only marginal, if he wasn't in WWII, he wouldn't be in the album. I meant songs like Angels calling and Price of the mile.

Stahlgewitter still beats Sabaton when it comes to war songs.

I agree, just because there is a slovenian guy in that band, Andrej Korošec (Andreas Koroschetz) :)

Level 24
Because it's not my favorite song at the moment just a really good one. Here's two quotes for the rules that make me unable to post it there. "I think this is one of the best songs evermade" and "Title says it all".

Status
Not open for further replies.