• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old terrain i found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I found an old map i made for terrain art, i decided to add some stuff and post it.
comments feedback, criticism, and suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• Old map i found.jpg
    Old map i found.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 203
Looking okay; just add more vegetation.

The rocks are...
Not to sound mean, but you need to use imported rocks. Seriously.
Try taking the ones from Born2Modificate's pack.

Aside from that, try CTRL+PgDwn-ing the trees if you'll use Blizzard's trees. You can see small gaps between the trees and the ground if you look closely enough on the bottom of the tree.

The waterfalls are well done. I like them.

As I was told by other terrainers, WC Unit models up close look bad. The Warden looks okay, but the archer on the right doesn't look too good.

Do you see that flower that is piercing out of the tree, near the archer on the left? Kind of unnatural.

The flowers on the statue aren't supposed to be there, unless they were placed there by some person or being. Flowers don't grow on rocks.

Those are all my comments. This isn't to insult you, this is just to comment and criticize a bit. Apart from that, the terrain looks good.

(Is that a footman on the left? :smile:)

Level 7
For a a picture, what uses only WC III models, it look pretty ok. Besides what indomitable1319 said, i would like to add that you should try using more different rock sizes. Atm look like all the rocks are same size, what you dont see in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.