• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old Defense/Survival Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello all,

I recently reinstalled WC3/TFT after having lost all of my maps and data. I was joking with my friend that we should play again and we talked about a map. The details are as follows:

TFT team survival map where you started with a builder (prince?) with a couple of foot soldiers, archers and one mounted knight. It was humans vs computers with waves upon waves of varying monsters. Humans could kill one another if they wanted, but that was usually not the case. One of these (approx 9?) was invisible. It was set in a forest-ish map.

You start unable to see the other players. Gold was acquired by building farms (and then upgrading them) in special plots that existed in some places on the map. In the north side of the map, there were tiered cliffs with many of these farm plots and 3 major ways in. On the east side of the map was a tall cliff that offered huge advantage to shooting down towards the enemy.

After a while, you could get heroes that would help you drive out the waves.

I believe there was a final boss. This is NOT Heroes and Empires. It may be Forsaken Forest, but that map does not match the mechanics, but is close. The set up reminds me of Farmers vs Hunters, except the hunter is AI.

Last edited:
Level 1
I found the map!

It is called "Custom Castle Defense". I found it randomly, whilst flipping through Epic War.

Status
Not open for further replies.