• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Obsolete WE version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi. I went to open a map in my WE, and got a message that said the map had last been saved in a more recent editor version, and might contain stuff that isn't supported in my version.

So, I got the latest WC III Frozen Throne update, and I still get that message. BUT, only when I try to open it on my Mac, which is 100 times faster than my very, very, very slow Windows computer. Which means I kinda wanna edit on my Mac so everything doesn't lag as soon as it's got more than 2 dimension.

After updating on both Windows and Mac, my WE on Windows is Version 1.24, and on Mac I get two windows when clicking "About World Editor": One saying "Version 1.20.4" and another saying "Version 1.20e".

???

I do not understand it. Then how can I get the Mac equivalent to the newest editor version if I don't get it with the (mac) update?

Does anyone know if Blizzard maybe stopped updating WE for mac?

Level 4
Unfortunately, it seems that Blizzard hasn't updated it since. This is even more insulting considering that trying to save a map in the Mac OS version with the 1.24 patch causes massive script errors even without any custom triggers.

And on my Intel Mac version, trying to click anywhere to exit the box to rename a trigger crashes WorldEdit every time.

In order to use the Mac version at all, you'll probably have to install version 1.23, and forfeit the ability to use the new hashtable functions. You could wait for them to fix it, but considering they let it degrade this far, I'm not certain they ever will.

Level 10
C**p...

Yeah, I get all the same problems with clicking away from the rename box. You just have to press enter instead. I've gotten used to that.
And I see, now I get the problems you describe with getting script errors even without custom script. I discovered it now when I wanted to check if one of my custom scripts were correctly spelled in another thread. Suddenly, the log said that it basically didn't know any of the functions, not even any of the GUI functions for a melee map, or anything. How annoying.

Well this is bad, 'cause I just wanted to start terraining/triggering for other people, but other people use the latest patch, which means I cannot open their maps and help them out... *curses & swears like a mad sailor from the Ferry Islands*

Edit: By the way!! I'm not that technical really... Do I have to reinstall everything (thus having to backup a WHOLE lot of files like maps and such) in order to downgrade, or can I simply install version 1.23 upgrade? :p

Level 1
This is bullshit! When I installed 1.14 I got this crap too!
Here is a solution;
<--- Careful though, I haven't tested it, --->
Download a few patches OFF a website. Type in "mac warcraft III help "sorry, warcraft III could not be opened" and then there was a Yahoo page, about ANOTHER mac glitch which occurred in 1.14, and then the answerer will give a patches page for Macs. Even 1.11 will suffice, you won't need the disc and Mac WE glitches are gone. Etc.

Download any version which is either 1.11 - 1.13, which is an English patch, then put em inside a folder called Patches (make one).

TO BE UPDATED AND CONTINUE

Level 10
This sounds like it's gonna be a pain of work. I am cool with using 1.23. Can't I just downgrade back to that? Worked fine before I updated, so I kinda just wanna go back to the way it was. But thx for the useful help anyway. I'm not gonna try it if I there is an easier way to just use ver 1.23, but if I really needed to update to the latest, you'd have been my saviour! (REPped ya)

Status
Not open for further replies.