• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Object Editor - Making a building passable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible to make a building passable? For example I've got invisible buildings which shouldn't be abused to block paths / entrances.

Level 24
Try to keep collision size normal.
If units can then still walk through it (only having removed the pathing texture), you are fine to go.

After that, you should read this: Custom Pathing Maps
It will allow you to block certain parts of where the structure is placed and avoid other structures to be able to be built on your structure.

Level 4
Thanks, it worked, before I open a new thread for this small question: is there a way to give trees unlimited HP? or an HP regen

Level 4
Thanks but how do I code it? Can you tell me, because Idk any of the warcraft 3 API, or is there a tutorial?

Level 24
It is quite a pain because there are no destructable groups.
What you might want to do is to put all trees in a destructable array.
Then you can have a trigger that runs every 0.5 seconds and increase their life by... lets say 5% of the max health.

But if I were you, I would just use the life bonus or respawning trees as it is a much easier approach and has the same effect.

Level 4
But I don't want trees to die in any case, either peasants chopping them down for an hour nor abilities, and I don't really know about those arrays and stuff since I've never worked with variables.

Level 4
Just give your trees a billion health...
There will be noone that is going to sit there, waiting for 5 and a half YEAR to see that the tree goes down and to laugh at you.

Awfully I don't know how to exceed the 99.999 Max HP cap for destructibles.

To LordOfChaos, I've tried the aura already and sadly it doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Level 8
  • tree_heal
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Entire map) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to 100.00%
            • Else - Actions
This is assuming a tree can't get destroyed in one second. Change the frequency as you like. Replace "Summer Tree Wall" with whatever tree you're using.

If you hold shift and double click the HP field you can enter larger values by the way, but don't go crazy with it.

Level 4
Oh thanks, I'm sure I tried that earlier but didn't find something about destructibles, I guess I was just too newb back then. :p

Level 24
Ow yes, you have to hold shift when opening the field, then you can exceed the standard limits and the limit will be 1,000,000,000 instead.

About that trigger... there is a limit to 64 destructables that can be enumerated using the enumeration method.
I am not quite sure which one it was, but it could very well be that only 64 trees will be invulnerable.

Level 19
it works in my map... the healing thing I mean.

My shredders do 3500 damage to trees, but when I use the heal effect they can't destroy trees. I think it's just because you can't see the effect of the tree being healed because it has no chest head and origin cause it's a tree.

I don't know how I can prove this really but... OH well

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Ok this is interesting.

The reason why it doesn't heal is because it's not selectable in game, the trees.
I fixed that making them selectable and now it can be healed. I can make both my moon well and elf healer heal the trees.... Thing is, what ever the hit points of a tree are it is not health or damage like a building gets.

When I ask my workers to repair the trees they say it has no damage... meaning trees possess some second set of hit points which the world editor can not access...

As far as we know o0o0o0o0o00o

Last edited:
Level 12
it works in my map... the healing thing I mean.

My shredders do 3500 damage to trees, but when I use the heal effect they can't destroy trees. I think it's just because you can't see the effect of the tree being healed because it has no chest head and origin cause it's a tree.

I don't know how I can prove this really but... OH well

A periodic event that updates a floating text or sends a message of how high/low the health is.

Status
Not open for further replies.