• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oakwood Forest ORPG needs scripter (60% done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

The Oakwood Forest ORPG currently needs a scripter to join the project. RaiN. our main scripter left a few days ago because he had to spend much time on school and wanted to use his sparetime on coding stuff for TKoK and SC2. After RaiN. left Kingz (spellmaker) and I are now looking for help to speed things up again.
Now we need a replacement for RaiN. which is hard to get because there are some advanced systems in the map. You should be able to use those systems but also be able to edit them slightly when needed.
Because we really need an experienced good scripter we will make some sort of a test for you. You will have to make one or two spells so we can see how you're handling it. But more about that later.

The current things we need a coder for atm is:
1) Spellmaking
2) Bossfight making (looks a bit like spellmaking)
3) System making/editing (Think like finishing the systems that are currently 80% done like Talent System and some other features)

Now you know wherefor and why we need you, I will give you some information about The Oakwood Forest ORPG.

Started 2 years ago I had this idea to start an ORPG where PvP and PvE would be mixed in one game. So far I've only seen PvE only RPG's and never liked those. Oakwood is different. In those 2 years it developed to, as I may call it, the best ORPG out here on hive. It will feature 24 different classes from 3 factions. The Defilers (Undead, Dark Elves) vs The Gryphonwing Alliance (Dwarves, High Elves, Humans) vs The Bloodbane Clan (Orcs, Trolls, Goblins). Every class will have a selection of 11 spells, the possibility to equip 11 different items and the possibility to get a talent build with a selection of up to 20 different talents in a very unique talent system. There are various events in Oakwood that work similair as the public quests in Warhammer Online. The events start with 1/2/3 stages that get harder every time when they eventually end with a bossfight. May this be a boss from a neutral creep or a boss from an enemy faction, that doesn't matter. This stimulates PvP througout the world.

I can keep on talking about Oakwood for ages but if you want some very specific info check out the hosted forum.
If you want to see some of the gameplay stuff on youtube you have to check out this link because this will most likely show you what I'm talking about.

Some Screenshots:
Forest Troll Area (Level ~25)
Frozen Glade Area (Level ~15 bossfight)
Thor'Kazan Library (Level ~35 dwarven controlled area)
Dryad Forest (Level ~6)
Edge of Thor'Kazan Library
Bloodbane Encampent (Orc/Troll/Goblin starting zone)
More screenshots

Current Progress:
Spells: 65% done (need 40 more spells to be coded. Concepts are done)
Systems: 65% done (Most systems are 90% done)
Terrain: 75% done
Events: 10% done (Only 1 event atm. Planning to get atleast 10 till demo)
Equipment: 10% done (Atm like 100 different items.)

Current Team:
Teuncreemers: Project Leader, Concept maker, Terrainer, Quest/Item maker, Storywriter.
Kingz: Scripter (Mainly doing spells)

Special thanks to:
RaiN.: For making 75% of all triggers we got so far.
Wolfe_Scythe: Awesome ideas.
Ciebron: For making triggers a long while ago when I started this project.
Argus: For making model edits whenever we needed them.

Level 19
What language are you currently using for scripting...?

vJass as far as I know.
The 'latest' version. I remember RaiN. updating all the codes like half a year ago when a major change happened so well. I suppose it's the most up to date version of jass.

Level 3
Well, I'm not extremely experienced in advanced vJASS, but I can use it efficiently.

I wouldn't mind being a backup or something, but you're probably looking for someone more experienced.

Level 19
Yeah well.
Having backup coders isn't our problem, those are quite easy to find.
We just need someone that's experienced and able to put alot of effort in it for a while.
Because alot of things have to be made combined with some systems that are already made. Because of that it's hard for someone to just do minor things. I can better use someone that's able to do more things to make it less complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.