• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Nuclear Catastrophe Needs Assisstance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm having a problem with another spell: Nuclear Catastrophe. It's supposed to be like Cluster Rockets except the rocket explode, damaging everyone in their blast radii. Here's the trigger

• Nuclear Catastrophe
    • Events
      • Unit - Ham 0000 <gen> Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nuclear Catastrophe
    • Actions
      • Set Target2 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Target1 = (Position of Target2)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Target2 has buff Nuclear Catastrophe ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Ham 0000 <gen>) at Target1 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of War Stomp (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Nuclear Catastrophe for Ham 0000 <gen>)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
        • Else - Actions
The problem is that War Stomp is not activating at all. Assisstance is required ASAP. I'd appreciate any help...

Level 4
Actually, scratch the trigger. I've tried everything and it's not working. Also scratch basing it off Cluster Rockets... I just want an ability that sends multiple missiles and have them explode, dealing damage to everything in their blast radius.

Level 19
well buff wont be applied in sametime you cast the ability I guess try something else like dont check the buff

Level 4
I found the problem... the dummy's not even appearing (or at least I don't think it is). Otherwise it would've casted the ability already. Something must be stopping the dummy from appearing

cluster rockets fire and when they land, then the target being casted gets the buff and damage. but i think your trigger isnt working because the units that are getting clusterrocketted dont have to buff when you are casting the ability, so i think your trigger only checks when the target has the buff right when you cast the ability. i think you should have a periodic event checking when the target has the buff, but i think it will leak..

Status
Not open for further replies.