• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] HEY GUESS WHAT!!! more trigger troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This spell will only cast the first time and i can't find any bugs. the idea of this spell is to create a trail of flame behind a unit then stop the trail then wait 5 seconds then destroy the trail. the first time works perfectly. plz help[RAINBOW]:cry:[/RAINBOW]

• Cast Blaze
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching ((Ability being cast) Equal to Blaze )))
    • Actions
      • Set Blazeunit[1] = (Triggering unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Blaze <gen>
  • Blaze
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Mountain King 0000 <gen>) offset by -100.00 towards (Facing of Mountain King 0000 <gen>) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to FireUnitGroup
      • Set StopBlaze = (StopBlaze + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • StopBlaze Equal to 55
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off Blaze <gen>
          • Set StopBlaze = 0
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FireUnitGroup and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Level 14
I believe the wait is the problem. You set StopBlaze to 0 before the trigger is turned off so it continues setting StopBlaze to StopBlaze + 1. Furthermore you shut down your trigger in five seconds, which gives enough time to set StopBlaze to 50, and that's a problem. What you should do is add another Set StopBlaze = 0 line after you turn off the trigger, or just set the condition StopBlaze equal to or greater then 55 and move the Set StopBlaze = 0 line below the trigger turn off.

P.S. what's the point in setting a variable for the unit if you don't use it?

Level 12
Ah, this trigger isn't good.
But CMarket why don't you look in the trigger one more time - he turns the trigger off before setting StopBlaze to 0. Infact he turns it off 2 times.

Level 3
But the events still happen after the first one and if i get rid of the first turn off he continues to blaze because while he is blazing the variable is set to 0

This is what i have now and i still have the same problem. it works perfectly the first time but not any others, it won't do anytrhing but the cast animation.

• Cast Blaze
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching ((Ability being cast) Equal to Blaze )))
    • Actions
  • Blaze
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at ((Position of Blazeunit[1]) offset by -100.00 towards (Facing of Blazeunit[1]) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to FireUnitGroup
  • Blaze Stop
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • StopBlaze Equal to 55
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FireUnitGroup and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
          • Set StopBlaze = 0
        • Else - Actions

Level 14
First of all, Blaze Stop is never activated. Secondly why do you need an if/then/else in the Blaze Stop trigger when you only have an If and then? Do you even know what that is for?
Remove the if/then/else, change the variable stopblaze into a Real and set the event so that it is triggered when StopBlaze reaches 55.

Level 12
This is a problem.
Change it all to:
((Ability being cast) Equal to Blaze )
This trigger:
  • Blaze Stop
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If - Conditions
  • StopBlaze Equal to 55
  • Then - Actions
  • Wait 5.00 seconds
  • Set StopBlaze = 0
  • Else - Actions
Far better would be to:

• Blaze Stop
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • StopBlaze Equal to 105
  • Actions
  • Set StopBlaze = 0
But there is an event for a variable changing, so you'd better use that instead of this.
And this is not MUI or MPI

Level 3
if i change it to "ability being cast" the spell will only be able to be cast once at a time two people will not be able to cast it at the same time. thats why i arrayed the unit, so i could set it to 12 or more different ones depending on the player casting. plus if i don't have the "wait" the fire will be gone instantly. i want him to stop making fire then wait 5 seconds then destroy it... get it?

btw i do know what if/then/else is for i just copied off of another trigger with a different condition.

Level 9
  • Cast Blaze
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Ability being cast) Equal to Blaze )
    • Actions
  • Blaze
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = position of (Blazeunit[1])
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at (TempPoint1)
      • Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
        • If - Conditions
          • StopBlaze Equal to 55
        • Then - Actions
          • Set StopBlaze = 0
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
To make the "peasant" disappear in 5 seconds, set his HP regeneration rate to -2, and give him 10 HP (set neg numbers by shift-clicking on the field).
This should work now, not sure, since I'm too lazy to test it ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.