• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nothing.mdl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Just a quick question I had, I just recently found out about the 'tree of life' ability model which is effectively no model and how it can be used for dummy units. Before this I typed in NOTHING.mdl into the model field of the unit so it has no valid model at all. This way I didn't even have to use the locust ability to make the unit unselectable.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there are any bad side effects to using an invalid model name instead of the 'tree of life' ability for the model.

Level 25
Just a quick question I had, I just recently found out about the 'tree of life' ability model which is effectively no model and how it can be used for dummy units. Before this I typed in NOTHING.mdl into the model field of the unit so it has no valid model at all. This way I didn't even have to use the locust ability to make the unit unselectable.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there are any bad side effects to using an invalid model name instead of the 'tree of life' ability for the model.
If you don't use the locust ability, what's to prevent a player from drag selecting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.