• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[not a RUMOR anymore!] - Baldur's Gate III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So... when you visit website of Larian - the creators of Divinity: Original Sin you can see a big roman nuber 3. First thought of everyone was "Divinity: Original Sin III" (or maybe Half-Life 3 for some still hoping) but some guys dug into the files, and found references to "Baldurs Gate Logo" when they opened a mp4 file with notepad++.

Do you think it is happening? Are we getting BG3? Are you hoping for this to be true :D?

Level 24
I would, to put it mildly not be dissapointed, it's not quite as big as Icewind Dale was for me growing up, but damn... A new Baldurs gate, praise Ishtar these are good news.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Good news. I'm right in the middle of my first playthrough of BG1. Hopefully it turns out well. Although I wasn't a huge fan of divinity original sin tbh

Level 24
Man, I really of this is good, I don't think I've fallen madly in love with a RPG since Dragon Age: Origins.

Level 24
Lets just hope that there are no lootboxes, real-money auction house or live-service crap on the menu for this game and I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Why isn't the original studio working on it? Are they still in business?

Level 5
Why isn't the original studio working on it? Are they still in business?
They are not :( It was Black Isle part of BioWare if i'm not mistaken. BioWare isn't the same as it was, and Black Isle was closed down. The closest thing to the original studio who made BG would be Obsidian I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.