• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No attachment point for spell model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to make a "Spirit Touch" effect over various custom models and having no success. The triggers/spell works perfectly over normal units (ie footmen) with what I presume have normal attachment points.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get around this?

Thanks.

Level 13
Nctltsf said:
I'm trying to make a "Spirit Touch" effect over various custom models and having no success. The triggers/spell works perfectly over normal units (ie footmen) with what I presume have normal attachment points.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get around this?

Thanks.

Yes, Normal units and Hero units do have different attatchment points. this is basically just a fluke in the design i would assume. sometimes you can attatch something to a hand of a unit and it may appear on the units foot (this happend to me several times) but you can also attatch to the units weapon and "overhead" which you see in many blizard abilities. The overhead attatchment normally is the same for all units and i have found there is very little problems with it.
if attatching it overhead doesnt work on heros but it does on footmen you may want to check and make sure you have it set so that your ability affects heros as well as units.
if all is well with the ability then the only other way i know of to attach these is to create a second ability and customize the buffs editing them to what you want them to look like which can take a good bit of time, i can give u instructions on doing that if you need them, jus let me know.

Level 10
actually heroes and non-heroes dont have much different attachment points. it mostly depends on the model.

the more common points are:
overhead
origin
hands
feet
chest
head

Status
Not open for further replies.