• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{?} no ability screen after selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

my problem nr.1: i create a unit and select it with a trigger but i cant see the ability screen of the selected unit, why? the unit has abilities like patrol/move because it can move and patrol but i cant see them in bottom-right corner.
  • Unit - Create 1 Irwisch for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
  • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
the problem vanishes after i selected(with mouse) an other unit and my created unit again OR after i doubleclicked the unit, but that isn't what i need...

problem nr.2 is my english, sorry for it.

Level 1
Ask the right question to give you the right answer
my question was: why i cant see the abilities in the ability-screen( the screen in the bottom-right corner with abilities like "move" "patrol" "attack") of a unit (that wasnt selected with the mouse in this game before) after i selected this unit with a trigger like this:
???
-----------------------------
After:
  • Unit - Create 1 Irwisch for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
  • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
u can see this:

and after inGame selecting this:
<---- need this without inGame selecting
know what i mean?

Try adding a wait between when the unit was created and when you want it to be selected.
tried and it doest changed anything.

Level 1
i think i found something: in this Trigger it works:
  • it works
    • Ereignisse
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -spawn as a Sub-String
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Irwisch for (Triggering player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Vorgabe für Gebäude-Ausrichtung degrees
      • Selection - Select (LastCreatedUnit) for (Triggering player)
but in this not:
  • doesnt work
    • Ereignisse
      • Unit - A unit starts an effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MyAbility
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Irwisch for (Owner of Triggering Unit) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Vorgabe für Gebäude-Ausrichtung degrees
      • Selection - Select (LastCreatedUnit) for (Ownder of Last Created Unit)
WHY?

Level 1
thanks @ all for fast answers.
@ Pyritie: i tried but the effect was the same.

maybe i make something wrong, definitely, so now i look for an other way. some1 of you know a command like "Unit - Refresh Unit" or something like that?

Level 12
Hmmmm
try this, see if it works,
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - Footman 0000 <gen> Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Owner of (Last created unit))

Status
Not open for further replies.