• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night Elf Village Template

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: SuperbAvalon
Warchief-Thrall Presents

Night Elf Village Template
Created by Warchief-Thrall

Map Info:

Just a simple template of a Night Elf village that I have made. Can be used for a cinematic or something else that you can imagine!

Features:

- Custom Models.
- Totally customized Terrain.
- 9293 Doodads.
- 8 Units.

Screenshots:

233247-albums7074-picture79137.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79138.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79139.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79140.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79141.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79144.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79143.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79142.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79145.jpg

233247-albums7074-picture79146.jpg

Credits:

Models:
  • hortaxman
  • GreyArchon
  • Hexus
  • Forgotten_Warlord
  • Blizzard Entertainment

Author's notes:

Feel free to use it, but give me credits. :)

Keywords:
Night Elf, Village, Template.
Contents

Night Elf Village Template (Map)

Reviews
17:12, 13th Mar 2014 Orcnet:

M

17:12, 13th Mar 2014
Orcnet:
Orcnet;2498740 said:
Really the template looks very pale and its been made fast, for now it could be best use for your practice, but uploading it here is not a good sign right now. I'd suggest you work better for the template the idealism for a ground level forest made out of 'forest' doesn't seem right.

Level 7
I don't know what he's talking about, I like your map. Especially if it was your first haha My first map was a few peasant attacking a footman.

Thing I liked:
-The 'Green' Night Elf theme. Ashenvale tiles, destructibles, all that. It goes great with NE buildings and scenery.
-The Models.
-Rain. Sometimes weather doesn't look good on maps, it does with this one.

Thing that should be improved:
-Mixing up the tiles slightly is a great way to make the terrain appealing. Unless the NE Village has a paved road or something, but still, you'd use a few more tiles. Like, rock as the main road or a light grass tile, then around the edges of the road throw in some vines or sand to give it a fuller effect.
-Trees. Adding some Canopy trees and other trees outside of Ashenvale, Maybe Village Trees, would improve it's appearance. Also, make some areas a little sparse or maybe have one or two with a dead version.
-Hills. Use the Raise Terrain or Cliff button in the Terrain Editor and raise the areas with trees and some sections of the village. You could also give it a mountainous effect in this way.
-Wildlife. It's Ashenvale! There's got to be some rabbits or stags or something! Haha

Well, anyway. Hope it wasn't too harsh, that was one of the problems when I first started out. Good luck!

Level 21
I'm sorry but this is the worst template I ever saw in my life! This has a lot of big and crucial issues which leads me to a sure vote for REJECTION!
Here are those issues:-
- Strong lack of tile variation
- Same doodads spammed in clusters
- Very flat terrain
- 75% of the map is empty

Those are 4 dire issues which need to be solved. Here is what I suggest:-

- More tile variation! It pains my eyes to see the paths made of grass and dirt only
- Don't spam the same doodad in large clusters, especially the trees. You might lessen the "Ashenvale Tree Walls" and put "Ashenvale Canopy Trees"
- Make the terrain hilly by using Raise/Lower in Terrain Palette. A flat terrain is very very bad
- You could work at the rest of the map because leaving 75% of the map empty increases the filesize for no reason
- The water could be decorated with "Seaweeds" and the green "Rock Spires" of Sunken Ruins
- If you can, avoid using Blizzard cliffs (also RAMPS), they look ugly

Finally, this map can be done simply by anyone in a few minutes. Until now, I give this 0.5/5 and vote for REJECTION!

Level 30
Saw the screenshots and it looks decent but the terrain is really flat, use the Terrain Palette tools to work out with this. Put out some variations in the ground level. It also lacks much tile variations. Simply grasses, leaves and dirt would not do. Try placing some more types of grasses into the grassy parts, that would have more variation in it and same goes for the dirt path, try adding some dirt rough in it and also some little amount of grasses. Your terrain is also empty and lacks doodads and destructibles. Try putting some wooden logs and stumps in it and also some shrubs and grasses. Rocks would also do for you should not miss that in every environmental terrain. Lastly, it would be much better if you would add a fog in it and also some animals in the terrain to go with it. It makes your terrain much more livelier to look at.

Suggestions:
  • Find the terrain palette tool and use the Raise/Lower/Plateau/Smooth/Rough Tools on the ground to solve out your issue about the terrain being flat
  • Try to place some more doodads/destructibles on the terrain such as wooden logs and stumps, rocks, shrubs and grasses. Using SFX as part of the terrain are also acceptable and to be honest makes the terrain much better. Placing some critters such as animals would also do to make the terrain much alive.
  • Try to put more variations in the tiles. Combine something more with the plain grasses and dirts in the terrain with something else. Use the allotted tiles for you in the Terrain palette to your advantage.
Rated 1/5 and Awaiting Update.

EDIT: I saw the new terrain layout and it's a little better. I liked the new added areas and such but some problems still persists on the terrain layout such as:

• Empty environment; lack of environmental-based doodads count. I do not want you to spam but there could be more in it.
  • Weird way of tile variations at some point. There are places in your map that has a weird tile variations such as the Leaves and Rock tile.
  • Weird raised ground height. The ramp you made through raising the ground in one of your screenshots looks weird. A ramp should be like falling but it looks quite raised.
  • The water areas could be highly improved by placing water-based doodads such as rocks, plants and fishes.
  • Place some critters throughout the map to make the terrain much more livelier.
  • Finish up the empty spaces in the maps. It's bad leaving some unfinished areas in the map.

I will rate it 3/5 but still Awaiting Update. Maps should be finished and the empty areas in the map proves that this is still not finished.

Last edited:
Level 30
You spammed the use of bushes which actually makes you terrain template worse but feeling complete now though.

Lowered down to 2/5 sadly and Awaiting Update. Please do read some terraining tutorial for I can see you vitally needing them. Also, you should place those bushes wisely and better just use a custom grass doodad or a shrub is much better.

Level 21
I noticed some positive updates and so I'll raise my rating to 2/5
However, I can't understand why putting a cluster of bushes and the terrain is still flat. In addition, I find that the tile variation wasn't used really well in some places for example inside the village.
The archways are too huge that they block my sight when I go on them with normal camera view

My suggestions for now are:-
- More hilly terrain from Terrain Palette ---> Raise/Lower
- Add more leaves inside the village
- Smaller archways
- Two options:-
1- Remove the cluster of bushes
2- Lessen the bushes

Sadly, I can't still vote for approval. It's too cheap.

Level 11
You spammed the use of bushes which actually makes you terrain template worse but feeling complete now though.

Lowered down to 2/5 sadly and Awaiting Update. Please do read some terraining tutorial for I can see you vitally needing them. Also, you should place those bushes wisely and better just use a custom grass doodad or a shrub is much better.

Well, the reason about the Bushes is because the map was not accepting more trees, and still, I had to remove a lot o Ashenvale Trees to put Barrens ones (The Indestructible one, that's an Environment), so I thinking about remove ALL the trees and restart it. I think that the problem is the high numer of Canopy Tress, they stay so much close of each other... Thanks for the Feedback :)

---------------EDIT---------------

Updated

Last edited:
Level 6
Review: Night Elf Village Template
Good points
Village looks nice
Terrain is fine
Bad points
Even though terrain is fine it would be better if you improve it
It looks like you have spammed those trees or something
Suggestions
Improve the terrain
Dont spam trees like that
3/5

Level 30
Really the template looks very pale and its been made fast, for now it could be best use for your practice, but uploading it here is not a good sign right now. I'd suggest you work better for the template the idealism for a ground level forest made out of 'forest' doesn't seem right.