• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Night Elf birth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello Hive!

I don't know if there is a thread like this or not (too lazy to check)

I received a request concerning about a birth animation on a NE and when I tried to look the birth animation of the normal NE buildings there isn't anything.

Can someone explain to me how the birth of NE works?

Level 30
The birth animation of NE and not only that but also Human, Undead and Orc are actually not in the model itself. If you are to look in it on some model editing programs, you will not see it.

I do know this is a separate model (referring to the birth animation) and not with the buildings. I don't know how to locate this animations models (paths and etc...) though.

Last edited:
Im not experienced with making building models, but what I noticed in Undead and Night Elf buildings have in common are:

- Both (Non-ancient buildings) have an attachment point which is named 'BirthLink'
- Ancient Night Elf buildings also have it, but it is named as 'BirthAttach' or 'BirthAttachment' instead

Perhaps you could start experimenting from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.