• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next Music Contest Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well while we're waiting for the final results of the Music contest to be posted, why don't we get started thinking about the next contests theme? I figured for this I'd follow the same pattern as Keiji with the terraining contest, make a thread for discussion then a poll with the most demanded themes.

Things to think about when proposing:
-Leave it open to interpretation, if all the music sounds alike it's pretty boring
-As discovered by the last contest Wc3 related themes may not always be the best, that confuses people into believing their piece must be background music or mid evil themed.
-Don't propose a race (like Orc or Tauren or Troll or etc.) - the first contest pretty much encompassed that already.

Here's a few themes I was thinking of:
-Urban
-Flying
-Elements (though this may be a bit similar to elementals which were in the last contest)

------------------------------------------
I just want to run this through everyone again as this sort of thing was suggested multiple times in the contest by frustrated people who play their actual instruments.

A mini contest in which the objective is to create a solo piece on a single instrument which can be accompanied by a background of rhythm and/or chords.
-Contestants would video tape themselves actually performing their piece
-For sake of authenticity, a clock with arms, moving metronome or other similar moving apparatus must be visible in the recording (hmmm a TV in the background may suffice too) to insure that pieces were played live without stopping or starting.
-Ones face is not required to be visible if the contestant doesn't desire it - if one wants to edit their video to cover their identity that would be the only editing allowed.

Of course this needs a theme too, and if anyone has any suggestions for better/clearer rules those are always welcome.

------------------------------------------------------
If anyone believes they know a method to make the rules for the music contests more clear/concise/foolproof/cheat proof those are also welcome too, like the other contests the Music contests need a clear set of rules that can be used multiple times. There was a few people caught mid cheating in the last contest that couldn't be detected from the normal rules should the watchful people who caught them not be watching so any rules to prevent more situations like this are always welcome.

Note:
It has been suggested that the raw file of the music be provided with the WiP in the last contest but I don't believe this is a good idea as not everyone has every single music creation program and for the sake of the original artist I don't believe they should be required to provide their raw data.

Status
Not open for further replies.