• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Troll Tribe Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey!
I'm making a new Troll Tribe style survival map and I have a lot of ideas that I haven't seen used before.

The game itself would be Team vs Team vs Team + NPCs or This could be made into a single player campaign. Although a multiplayer map might be more interesting.

Tribe 1 - Players 1,2 and 3
Tribe 2 - Players 4,5 and 6
Tribe 3 - Players 7,8 and 9
NPC - Player 10 Locals Friendlies (merchants, quest givers, trainers, ect.)
NPC - Player 11 Hostiles (All sorts of creatures that "dont like to see a troll's face")
NPC - Player 12 Wildlife (Wild animals are passive at first but turn hostile/counter attack when being attacked.)

- Stats
Health(life) - If zero, troll dies.
Energy(mana) - If zero troll can't do pretty much anything. And possible unvoluntery sleeping
Warmth - If zero troll will be freezing and become slowed.
Food - If zero troll will be starwing.
Water - If zero troll will become dehydrated. Possibly causing Warmth overload.

- Stat multipliers
Each stat has it's own effectivenss multiplier for both negative and positive effects.
Example: Let's say that your Food if almost full and you eat a cookie. Does it help much? No.
How about when you're starwing and you get the cookie. Pweh, it really helps.
In addition if you're quite full all the time you are more hungry more often.
However if you live on very limited food you will be fine with less to eat.
This kind of system makes it ineffenct to try to keep every stat nice and full.
Effectiveness ranges from 0.25 to 1.75. All changes to specific stat, except to attacks and most spells,
are multiplied with the current Stat Multiplier.

- Envoirment Effects
Unlike in the previous maps I've seen, I'd like to make it so that envoirmental factors affect the survival experience. Such as temperature affects the rate of Warmth depleation.

- Diseases
This time your troll can get sick. (Aww, poor fellow. :< ) Diseases strike at random if stats are left low for too long. Such as low temp can cause fever.

- Realism
I want to add realistic feeling survival elements to the game such as, simply moving around generates Warmth and drains Energy more than simply standing still. Also while in shallow water, Warmth drains faster, ect.

- Items
There are diffirent types of resource nodes around the envoirment and some may require certain skills and tools to extract the stuff they got. Depleted resource nodes regenerate and not all nodes are active at once so that player actually has to find the resources, not just walk to the nearest node.
These natural materials + stuff from animals can be turned into tons of items.
+
To manage items there will be a bag system that isn't completely thought throo yet.
However it will include, replaceable/upgradeable bags/bag capacity, equipment system, quick use/belt.

- Proffessions/Skills
Proffessions are mostly insipired by wow, but some characteristics are left out or added.
All players' heroes have experience counter for each skill. As the hero gets better in a specific skill, more advanced options become available.
Engineering (to make all sorts of useful stuff)
Herbalism (to identify/use found herbs)
Alchemy (to make potions and such + some 'epic' transmutations)
Mining (to extract ore and gems out of mining nodes)
Smithing (to make weapons and armor out of metal)
Leatherworking (to make armor out of leather and fur)
Jewelcrafting (to make trinkets out of every possible type of material, almost)
Enchanting (to enchant most of the items made by proffs above)
Fishing (to extract food from watery areas)
Cooking (to refining consumables making them recover more stats)
+
The previous were more like professions, in addition there will be more miscellaneous skills that have more to do with survival and combat.
Melee Weapons (ability to use and deal damage with various melee weapons)
Ranged Weapons (ability to use and deal damage with various ranged weapons )
Survival/Toughness/Resistance (stats drain slower, more resistant to diseases)

- Engineering (with more detail)
Engineering is not so much like in wow. It's not all about crazy gadgets and explosives. This time an engineer is going to be repairing equipment, building traps, making useful constraptions for all other parts of the game. Like
a fishing trap, herb analyzator, jewel polisher, essence condenser, leather fortificator. And then more misc stuff like rope, water bottles, sunshades. Better think of it as an Inventor, actually.

- Classes
Alright, finally found my notes. Here goes:
There are 6 main classes, each with 2 subclasses and all of these 12 subclasses have one extra step to evolve into.
In addition to all the 6 main classes have a hidden class that cannot be simply evolved into by experience and choises, it has to be discovered.
Hidden classes have combined benefits of the two subclasses of the mainclass.
Once a class or a subclass is selected it cannot be changed (that's the idea atm) and if for example a Brute chose to become a Hunter it cannot become Warrior or Warlord.
However this doesn't apply to hidden classes. Brute or any of it's subclasses can become a Berserker if the special requirements are met, for example a certain quest is completed.
+
Anyways at the moment classes are as follows:
+
1.Brute
____Hunter
______Beastmaster
____Warrior
______Warlord
____Berserker (hidden)

2.Rogue
____Assassin
______Ninja
____Thief
______Agent
____Shadow Hunter (hidden)

3.Mage
____White Mage
______Wizard
____Black Mage
______Warlock
____Voodoo Master (hidden)

4.Healer
____Priest
______High Priest
____Ritualist
______Elder Ritualist
____Spirit Walker (hidden)

5.Mystic
____Elementalist
______Shaman
____Shapeshifter
______Druid
____Mutant (hidden)

6.Scout
____*oracle*
______* *
____Tracker
______Spy
____*Farseer* (hidden)

(* * = not sure at all atm)

- Animals
Animals will be roaming around the landscape, providing much needed food and materials. In addition to
lone individual there will be packs of animals that move, fight and die or flee together if they can.
There will also be several strong 'legendary' beasts that can be killed for great rewards or as a part of a quest.

- Areas
There will be plains, watery, crude rocky and more lush envoirments in the map.
At some point I'll try to provide some sort of example of the terrain style I was thinking.
I would really like to see this as a desert survival, where most of the map is harsh and sandy a bit like WC Diablo 3 Borderlands, and then there would be a lush canyon/valley that would be more like a jungle. Also one or more edges of the map could be against a sea so there we would get the watery areas.

There's tons of work to be done and I could use some assistance. If this map was completed it would be like no other survival seen before. If anything sparks your interest, go ahead an discuss it here, I will be checking back as ofter as I can.
For example these ares are in need of work and ideas:

- (Terrain (natural untouched looking envoirment) ask about this)
- (Code (maybe some systems, spells) ask about this)
- Items (crated items)
- Professions (more ideas, atleast)
- Abilities (class abilities)
- Quests (in addition, designing them to work in multiplayer)
- Models (mostly item.)
- Icons (items and maybe some abilities)
- NPCs (more ideas, atleast)

If you're interested or have questions, go ahead and share it.

Here's a brief DemoMap. (updated 1:57 PM 5.4.2010)
Screenshot from the DemoMap:
attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot.png
    ScreenShot.png
    607.4 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.