• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New To the Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone!

I have been reading the forums for a while now and decided to make an account.

I only have 1 map that I have been working on, off and on, for a number of years. It isn't very good, but I am glad that I have found this site so that I may learn from the talented people here.

Level 2
Thank you for the warm welcome!

@StoPCampinGn00b , thank you for the suggestion!
It is a type of altered melee map, I shall make a post about it in the map dev forum.

I noticed you commented on one of my models. I'll take that as a good sign, since you don't post very often.

It's cool that you're working on altered melee maps. That is one of the more under-appreciated genres; it doesn't get much respect because of how many people start out with altered melee maps. However, on the occasion where somebody actually makes a good altered melee, I absolutely love them. I look forward to seeing your map, and if you want help, ask me. I won't work on it like a full project, but I could do things for you here and there.

Level 2
@TLI-Inferno

Thank you for the offer.

I am currently working on a new version of my Paradoxical Warcraft map.

It would be nice If I would have your permission to use your models in my map, I would credit you of course.

@TLI-Inferno

Thank you for the offer.

I am currently working on a new version of my Paradoxical Warcraft map.

It would be nice If I would have your permission to use your models in my map, I would credit you of course.

Paradoxical Warcraft? I've played that, and it's really fun! It's a bit incoherent at times, and would probably get poor reviews, however for those who are patient enough to keep playing, it is really fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

And of course you can use my models! That's why I upload them; so people can use them!

Also, concerning your Paradoxical Warcraft map, you need to be a bit more careful about terrain. Ogres have huge units, and yet their neighbor, I think the shadow elves, have tiny powerful ranged units and only tiny entrances into their base, mostly blocked off by terrain. They can easily get units in and out, but it is impossible for the ogres, their neighbor, to attack them, as their units can only walk in one at a time, so they are easily blocked off and slaughtered.

I know that's fun for defense maps and such, but it really isn't fun for the other player, the ogres, who are rendered helpless against a neighbor who can attack them at will without them being able to react. You should definitely consider making the terrain a little bit more open in some areas to prevent that sort of thing.

It doesn't help that there neighbor on the other side are the Dragons, which the ogres are also helpless against, with no ranged units. Their troll headhunters are too weak and easily slaughtered by the dragons, and if the Ogres make a dragon of their own, it will just get quickly shot down by their other neighbors, the elves, with their masses of longrange archers with amazing damage. You put the ogres in a spot where they are pretty much helpless against the people on either side of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.