• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Project: Warcraft RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there, I'm new to these forums, so Hello All!
I've been pretty unsure about whether I should tell about this or not, in case someone stole the idea, but now I'll do it, so here it is (and you don't steal it):
I'm making the data for a new set of maps I'm gonna make with my friend, who's gonna make the terrain for the first map - Azeroth (Ya know, south of Khaz Modan, with Stormwind Keep and stuff). It's gonna be based off the Dungeons & Dragons Warcraft the RolePlaying Game. It's gonna include all Warcraft RPG core classes, together with the prestige classes. You make your character with choises of being either male or female of seven different races.
Gameplay shall be usual RPG, but besides from alignment, you also choose affiliation - Alliance, Horde, Legion or Scourge. It's gonna affect your allegiance with other players, and the quests you can take.
You win by completing all your quests, and if your affiliation is destroyed, you are forced to change affiliation, and must start all over on your quests.
Sounds good right? 8)

Level 2
Hmm...It could be cool with a save-load system, so you could transport your character between the different maps (I'm not gonna make the whole world of warcraft in a single map), but as the maximum level shall be 20, it may not be necessary, and maybe it will be unfair for the other players.

Level 11
well

apart from some minor changes such as your faction being destroyed and being more based on dungeons and dragons, it sounds sorta like my project unsung legends if you want you can join since we have aldready done a lot of work. :lol: :D :) :eek:

Level 2
Hmm...naah, I'm doing this project with my friend who's making the terrain for me, and I'm much more hooked on the warcraft world.
But if you have a simple triggering job for Unsung Legends, I would'nt mind helping a bit. I could possibly also do some JASS, but I only know C++, so JASS would be a little new to me, but I guess I can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.