• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there,

I joined a few days ago after downloading via torrent WC3/TFT to play before starting vanilla WoW on Feenix's Emerald Dream. I won't be playing there for a while, though, because I would like to get WC1, 2, and 3 and all its expansions and custom campaigns out of the way first.

And that's what brought me here. I always wanted to see WC1 remade. However, the campaign that LordPerenoldeII did was too hard and the graphics/units simple, even missing the core mechanic. I think the best one that was never completed was the one done by John_Drake and Skullsplitter over at Realm Design, Dawn of Chaos. I found that version in WC3C.net but can't run it.

Along with introducing myself, I wanted to know if you guys could help me. I want to use Drake & Skullsplitter's designs on LordPerenoldeII's campaign. How do I extract/copy them to use them on another custom campaign? I looked around and nothing. I tried playing the old school WC1 but I just can't deal with the old mechanics (having to press M just to move).

I hope you guys can help me or guide me to where I could learn. I'd make this my project if you could help me out.

Bests & Light be with you,

Ireneus

Hey Ireneus! Welcome to the hive!

For everything related to Dawn of Chaos, you should ask John Drake:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/john_drake/#userresources
I don't know if he'll really release them though, since the project is still active. But it is worth a shot. After all, he did release the footman model. Perhaps he would give you a model or two if you know which ones that you want specifically.

Good luck on your project!

P.S. Check this out for potential models:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ld-gather-ye-resources-mod-compendium-171062/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.