• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Map with NEW GENRE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi,

(Note I still have to come up with a good name for this map. So far is Synergy Arena)

firstly thank you for reading this map development thread. I have decided after creating an AOS which was no mayor breakthrough that I need to start on a new map. A map which is not a AoS or Hero Arena or Hero Defense or anything....

I have always believed that the whole idea of having a single hero is what made modded war3 maps so popular since no other RTS game have such great pvp with single units as modded W3 maps (dota for example). After helping my friend make an basic ctf map with flags it hit me how one should win in my new map... game points, flags, hero kills, and control of locations all mixed together

Have the most points after 30 minutes or control all critical locations (see game play)

You control 1 hero picked from a series of heroes and have four skills upgradeable to level 4 (no ulti). Upon reaching level 11 you chose a prestige class from a list which adds 4 additional skills with 4 levels. Still no ulti. I want all skills to be the hero's trump cards.

I decided that I would import InvX to this map which would allow you to have a larger inventory and have socketed items. With this I will (or have already) make a huge selection of runes and cause 75% of the items in the map to have sockets and so grant you the ability to customize your items with the following:

Jewel: Grants a certain bonus to all item types. (Example: Jewel of Slaugher: Item add +20 damage)
Rune: Grants a bonus based on the item type. (Example: Thul Rune: Weapon: Attacks have a chance to freeze target. Armor: + mana regeneration. Helm: +int)

Enchantment (new): Grants a random bonus. How good the bonus is, is based on the items Enchantment level.

Weapons are also displayed on your model.

You also have types of items of which only one can be equipped:
Helm
Weapon
Ring
Armor
(Still Considering Offhand)

Critical locations are critical to winning the game, since they grant a massive amount of points over time and if you control all of them you win. For each point you control you gain 2 points every second. At each point there are also a shop to buy items, a portal to teleport to other critical locations you control and 2 Defensive Points. They are captured by destroying the central circle. If a critical location is destroyed all the upgrades for it is lost and ownership is given to the destroyer

There are 2 defensive points at each critical locations. They can be upgraded into one of the following. Upgrades cost gold and/or actual Game Points.
Energy Tower: 1-5 damage. 20 feedback
Gaurd Tower: 15-20 damage. fast attack speed
Boulder Tower: 10-15 damage. Minstun on attack
Frost Tower: 1-5 damage. slow target.
Healing Fountain: nearby heores gain +15 life regen.
Energy Fountain: nearby heroes gain +15 mana regen
Statue: nearby heroes gain +8 amor.
War Totem: nearby heroes deal +25% damage
Chaos Tower: Can cast Inferno once every 120 seconds.
Frost Stone: Slow nearby units by 25%. Create 1 Frost Revenant once every 120 seconds.
Moonray: Attack Cooldown 40. Deals 50-60 damage. Attack range: 999999.

180 seconds in game a flag appears at the center of the map. While in your inventory your movemenspeed is slowed by 50%, you are revealed to all players, can't use any travel skills and take 25% more damage. For every second the flag is in your inventory you gain 1 point. If you return the flag to a friendly strategic point you gain 75 points and a random rune is created at your Critical Location.

Runes will include:

Rune of Berserk:
+25% ms.+50% as

Rune of Shielding
+50 armor.

Rune of Thorns
Returns 75% of melee damage taken and 25% of other damage.

Rune of Frost:
Grants a 25% slow aura for duration.

Rune of Damage Amplification:
Increase damage dealt by all means by 150%, but increase damage taken by all means by 75%.

Across the map there is a large selection of randomly generated neutral hostile creeps. Killing them grants not only experience and gold, but they also have a small chance to drop Runes or Jewels which can be used to upgrade items.

You gain 75 points by killing a hero and a reputation point (credits to Wizardum). Reputation points increase the chance that the neutral creeps you kill drop a rune or jewel and increase the gold gained when killing creeps. For every 3 reputation points, the points per second while carrying the flag increase by 1.

As far is reviving is concerned you have 2 options:

Revive: Pay gold. short wait time.
Return as Ghost: Pay small amount of experience. Return as ghost. Ghost has no attack, 100 L.O.S. and is invulnerable + invisible. If you return to the point you died, you are revived there.

Thank you for reading this huge post... and please tell me what you think.

I'll need people in the following areas. I could make this map alone, but that would limit its potential.

Modeler (Someone who can make weaponless models and attachments for them. If I can get a modeler, I could make that almost all items are displayed on hero etc which would be awesome.)

vJass Spellmaker (I can code basic spells and thanks to systems like the spellcaster system I don't actually need a spell maker, but if you are adept at Jass I would like your help)

Terrainer (I can make some decent terrain, I take hours to make a something that other take 10 minutes. A terrainer would help alot)

Beta Testers (I need a lot of these)

Creative People ( I need YOU! to help me improve this idea)

I'll add some screen shots about my current progress to show you that I'm serious about making this map. And please... Don't look at my rep and say....Arg great another noob with a fail map...Rather help me and in turn I could help you improve your map and I'm not a noob... I'm a rather capable Jasser and just use caster system since you take 2 minutes to create a spell that would take you 20.

Last edited:
Level 9
Hey man! At last I see an original idea for a map with rare features for a good and funny gameplay.
I'm rather busy with my biggy project, but at least I can help you with ideas.

I really like the idea of your map, it has real potential.
I'll try to help anyway I can.
I've got an idea for the hero kills part. I guess you can make this. Every time a player kills a hero, he gets +1 reputation point. The higher the reputation the greater the chances of getting jewels and runes, could also increase the points gained while the player has the flag, increase gold or exp received.

It's just a suggestion, but I think it will make more worth while the hero killing, making pvp more desirable.

Keep the good work! :wink:

Level 8
Hey thanks....

Your idea is awesome!

It fits the whole idea I have for the map and I think would work amazingly well... I might just give it some other name like.... mmph...Souls? Influence? Charisma?Reign? or well reputation is also good...

Level 8
Should the upgrades for defensive points be vulnerable or invulnerable:

Yes argument:
You could destroy the towers nearby before destroying the Critical location to convert it.

No argument:
Currently if you convert a critical location by destroying it, all tower upgrades of other players to the defensive points is removed, so I could make them invulnerable which would increase the difficulty of capturing a point if well defended. Melee heroes with massive life will anyway just attack the critical location first and not waste time destroying the upgrades.

Level 9
towers belong to that specific defensive point right?
then what I would suggest is when you convert a defensive point the towers would also be converted too. that will turn the game more harder as time passes, instead of most games, the stronger your hero is, easier the game becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.