• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW IN JASSCRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Two questions:

1:I understand that the 3 numbers represents difficulty but why sometimes looks like this

JASS:
call SetBuildUnit   ( 8, CHAOS_PEON               )

It has only one difficulty (I believe the easy one) ,what the difference between that one and this one

JASS:
call SetBuildUnit   ( 8,9,10,CHAOS_PEON               )

And number 2:

JASS:
//[B]* WAVE 1 *[/B]
    call InitAssaultGroup()
    call CampaignAttackerEx( 1,1,1, ORC_DRAGON       )
    call SuicideOnPlayer(M5,user)

//[B]* WAVE 2 *[/B]
    call InitAssaultGroup()
    call CampaignAttackerEx( 3,3,5, CHAOS_GRUNT       )
    call CampaignAttackerEx( 1,1,1, CHAOS_GROM       )
    call SuicideOnPlayerEx(M6,M6,M5,user)

In the first wave there is only one reference "M5" in the second wave there are 3 "M6,M6,M5" why is that as well , I tried țo modified that line by adding additional references like

JASS:
//[B]* WAVE 1 *[/B]
    call InitAssaultGroup()
    call SuicideOnPlayer(M5,M4,M3,user)

I tested the map to see if its any difference and in my surprise the ai does not do anything except for gather all of the peons to gold mine

Ty for your time!

Last edited:
Level 13
Two questions:

1:I understand that the 3 numbers represents difficulty but why sometimes looks like this

JASS:
call SetBuildUnit   ( 8, CHAOS_PEON               )

It has only one difficulty (I believe the easy one) ,what the difference between that one and this one

JASS:
call SetBuildUnit   ( 8,9,10,CHAOS_PEON               )

And number 2:

JASS:
//[B]* WAVE 1 *[/B]
    call InitAssaultGroup()
    call SuicideOnPlayer(M5,user)

//[B]* WAVE 2 *[/B]
    call InitAssaultGroup()
    call CampaignAttackerEx( 3,3,5, CHAOS_GRUNT       )
    call CampaignAttackerEx( 1,1,1, CHAOS_GROM       )
    call SuicideOnPlayerEx(M6,M6,M5,user)

In the first wave there is only one reference "M5" in the second wave there are 3 "M6,M6,M5" why is that as well , I tried țo modified that line by adding additional references like

JASS:
//[B]* WAVE 1 *[/B]
    call InitAssaultGroup()
    call SuicideOnPlayer(M5,M4,M3,user)

I tested the map to see if its any difference and in my surprise the ai does not do anything except for gather all of the peons to gold mine

Ty for your time!

I'm not an AI expert, so the first question I don't know :( . I'm always using one difficulty, so if it doesn't matter I would advies you to use the first option.

To answer your second question: Did you create a trigger to start the AI script to run?

If yes, are the 'fixed player settings' active? (Those can be found under Scenario -> Forces). This one must be active to make the AI script to run.

1. It's SetBuildUnitEx for the three difficulties. The one difficulty means that it will build that amount regardless of difficulty. The other one is what you see often in campaigns: why easy is peasy and why hard attack is bs base breaks thing. The second function adapts the number with game difficulty.

2. If your peon only gather at the mine, the AI script is broken. Please provide full script for us to inspect.

As for the native difference: the 3 difficulty is same thing with point 1. This is why hard attacks frequently, while easy and normal attacks in a rather mild manner.

The value is (Easy, Normal, Hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.