• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] New GUI Actions Not Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm not sure if the GUI actions are just not working or if I'm just an idiot and missed something.
The first of 2 issues I'm having is I had a summoned unit's damage scale off of a unit's agility using the set base damage, which was working prior to the patch, no longer is setting the unit's damage
  • Pack Hunter Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Pack Hunter (Summon)
    • Actions
      • Set PetSetMaster = (Casting unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Pack Hunter Trigger Break for PetSetMaster) Greater than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Pack Hunter Trigger Break from PetSetMaster
        • Else - Actions
          • Set TempLoc[0] = ((Position of PetSetMaster) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of PetSetMaster) - 90.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 |cffff3300Pack Hunter|r for (Owner of PetSetMaster) at TempLoc[0] facing (Facing of PetSetMaster) degrees
          • Set PetSetPet = (Last created unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of PetSetPet using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageDeathCaster.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Set TempReal[0] = ((Real((Agility of PetSetMaster (Include bonuses)))) x 0.30)
          • Unit - Set Base Damage of PetSetPet to (9 + (Integer(TempReal[0]))) for weapon index: 1
          • Set TempReal[0] = (50.00 x (Real((Hero level of PetSetMaster))))
            • If - Conditions
              • TempReal[0] Greater than or equal to 1.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set Max HP of PetSetPet to (200 + (Integer(TempReal[0])))
              • Unit - Set life of PetSetPet to 100.00%
            • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Ability being cast) from PetSetMaster
          • Unit - Add Pack Hunter (Heal) to PetSetMaster
          • Sound - Play DuskWolf <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to PetSetPet
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc[0])
          • Trigger - Run Pet AInitialize <gen> (ignoring conditions)
the second issue was just setting an ability's cooldown for a unit
  • Ability Update
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UpdateGrp and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempUnit[0] = (Picked unit)
          • For each (Integer A) from 0 to HasteNumber, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of HasteAbilities[(Integer A)] for TempUnit[0]) Greater than 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set TempReal[0] = (Cooldown of HasteAbilities[(Integer A)], Level: (Level of HasteAbilities[(Integer A)] for TempUnit[0]))
                  • Set TempReal[1] = (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) from CustomStats_Table)
                  • Set TempReal[2] = (TempReal[0] - (TempReal[0] x (TempReal[1] / (TempReal[1] + 1.00))))
                  • Unit - For Unit TempUnit[0], Set cooldown of ability HasteAbilities[(Integer A)], Level: (Level of HasteAbilities[(Integer A)] for TempUnit[0]) to TempReal[2]
                • Else - Actions
I've also tried to isolate these actions to test them and they don't appear to be working either

• test
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing cdreduc as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - For Unit Fenris 0027 <gen>, Set cooldown of ability Firebomb , Level: 1 to 1.00

Level 2
The new actions are all 0 leveled. Meaning the real level 1 is 0, level 2 is 1 and level 3 is 2.
However, not all fields are possible to modify at the moment.

Damn I never wld've thought to try that. Appreciate you my man :)

I still am having issues with getting the Unit - Set Base Damage to work if anyone has any insight on that
  • Set TempReal[0] = ((Real((Agility of PetSetMaster (Include bonuses)))) x 0.30)
  • Unit - Set Base Damage of PetSetPet to (9 + (Integer(TempReal[0]))) for weapon index: 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.