1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New BETA Game Out!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kamikazzee, May 8, 2005.

1. Kamikazzee

Kamikazzee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is a new beta for a game where you can sign up for. The signup fourm and information can be found here.
    I'm signing up for it and I'd want some people from here to join me. It's a massive multi-player game called Atriarch about some alien world or something. Go to the website and find out for yourself what it's like!

2. Daveman

Daveman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pass, maybe if they had more info on the site.... MMORPG doesnt exactly describe the game, for all i no its just another everquest expansion (ewwww) :lol:

Get Guild Wars if you want a good MMORPG (woot)

3. Kamikazzee

Kamikazzee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Picky, are you Daveman?

4. Daveman

Daveman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL no... not picky, i would just like to know what im subscribing to before i subscribe something.....

5. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    In simpler terms, your project is too vague, and does not provide the credentials which tell people that your project will be done, has good reason and talent in it, and is actually worth their time overall

6. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Guildwars isn't an MMORPG, it even says that on its site

Its more of a massive PvP raid

7. Kamikazzee

Kamikazzee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    More information about what the game is like is right here. You can also get some information about the story of the game at www.atriarch.com . I think this'll be a great game. This game is like Guild Wars/Everquest/World of Warcraft in the way it is a massive multiplayer game. The game has one really interesting twist to it, "Everything is alive at one point or another." That means that the water, woods, bricks, tiles, even paper, will attack you if you threaten it. So wherever you are, you just might be in danger and not know it.

8. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Nonetheless, that just reduces the realism that is long appreciated in many MMORPGs and other games. Realism is what gives it a point. It tells you some person can't hack the game into a dimensional wormhole, and gives the game some actual limits

9. Kamikazzee

Kamikazzee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Orcs are realism? Magic is realism? People who can shoot bows and arrows at 200 shots per minute is realism? Get the point, there is more to what people are playing that what you might suspect. Get the point, here, Eurisa.

10. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You do not understand the point. Magic is what most MMORPGs contain, and many things as well. But what you're saying is that in this game, anything can become an enemy. This is not the case. By threatening the earth by hauling trebuchets over it, it doesn't turn into a granite wyrm and engulf you all with its basalt teeth.

"Everything is alive at one point or another. That means that the water, woods, bricks, tiles, even paper, will attack you if you threaten it. So wherever you are, you just might be in danger and not know it."

These are the unique twists that make a game seem stupid. The unique twists like grotesquely created cretin shambling along a village. What my opinion is stating is that there has to be sensible features, and then the unique styles of gameplay and other whatnot. This game seems "unique" to the average gamer, but I am far mor discriminating on what is made, do don't flame me for criticisms.