• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New at WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have atleast opened WE four times, and I want to know as I'm not as good with triggers either jass scripting what type of map should I make first, and give me a couple of good tutorials. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.
~TD.PRO.

Level 4
Id suggest, try making a tower defense map. Its fairly simple terraining, and it gives you good practise on making locations as well as having to do the triggering for those locations. It will sort of break you in to map making.

Level 7
I suggest you go here first when knowing GUI

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7209 ~ tutorial by Knights of The Hive Workshop

And secondly, I recommend creating a simple TEST map at first, depending if you want to edit the terrain and using triggers to make unit spawn every x seconds and blah blah and move on to an AoS or an Arena map (if concentrated on custom abilities) or a Unit Frenzy/Footmen Frenzy Map (if concentrated on upgrading and global triggering)

Level 1
By making a TD or Maul, as in a mazing one or a preset path when creeps dont attack? Thanks for you help guys, I have tried to make a maze map, but it didn't go well. I know some basics trigger like dieing regions, spawning, moving, and doing waves in tds. It's just the advance stuff with all those variables it gets confusing for me.

Level 7
variables are what id consider "extra". You dont need to know how they work but they really facilitate and speed up triggering.
TDs are fairly easy to make like they said and it was my first "official" map.
I must have amde at elast 20 maps before I actually finished one, so don't get scared or angry if you get a lot of failed maps.
I started with units, abilities, items, doodads and the sort before moving to triggers, though. It was fun just making wacky units.

Status
Not open for further replies.