• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Alternate Models, how to use em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm really interested in using the new Kul'Tiras Jaina & Female Death Knight for my hero map, but i can't seem to get the object editor to select the skins (it's not available in the Art - Model File menu). And was hoping someone in this forum could help me.

It's possible to get it through the options in the specific unit menu.

jaina.PNG

But i need it to be the default skin for a custom unit, does anybody know how?

I assume the Jaina model is connected to the archmage model, it even change soundset with swapped skin, I'm just not sure what to tweak to make the archmage use its Jaina version.
jaina 2.PNG

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I think there are tables which list all skins a unit can use. These might need to be modified outside the editor and imported using the asset manager.

Otherwise if one specifies Jaina's model directly it should use that. One might also be able to use triggers to change it so that Jaina's model is used by using the new change skin functions.

Level 3
I think there are tables which list all skins a unit can use. These might need to be modified outside the editor and imported using the asset manager.

Otherwise if one specifies Jaina's model directly it should use that. One might also be able to use triggers to change it so that Jaina's model is used by using the new change skin functions.

Where exactly is the "new change skin functions"? It was there in the beta editor, but I have not been able to find it on release, did they remove it?

Level 20
1. Download & run the program provided above.
2. Click on the "Open Storage" icon & select your Warcraft 3 installation directory.
3. Locate the model that you want - I don't have access to my Reforged installation at the moment, so I can't tell you where exactly to look, but if you see some folder namer similarly to war3.w3mod or whatever, it will probably be it.
4. Once you find the model file that you want, right click it and select "copy file name to clipboard"
5. Paste that into the custom path field in the object editor - it will look like this: war3.w3mod:units\human\arthaswithsword\arthaswithsword.mdx
6. Delete the part up until and including ":", i.e. in the example above you should be left with this: "units\human\arthaswithsword\arthaswithsword.mdx"

Level 11
So far I've found.
Jaina
Model - units\human\Jainasea\Jainasea.mdl
Icon - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNJainasea.blp
Female Demon Hunter
Model - Units\NightElf\HeroFemaleDemonHunter\HeroFemaleDemonHunter.mdl
Icon - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroFemaleDemonhunter.blp
Female Death Knight
Model - Units\Undead\HeroFemaleDeathknight\HeroFemaleDeathknight.mdl
Icon - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroFemaleDeathknight.blp
Nightmare Keeper