• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nerubian

Keywords:
nerubian spider purple
Contents

Nerubian (Model)

Reviews
Chriz.: Works in game, fine quality.
Level 1
Nice... sorta like a cross between a wasp and a spider. personally i give it a 5/5... only because i have no experience in creating my own unit models and think its cool, and anyone who can do it its quite tallented. Good job!

Level 3
this is from the art in art gallery on this forum! i saw it, looks almost the same (only there the legs were longer so the spike out of his ass had more room) besides of that 5/5

Level 4
SOMEONE TALENTED MAKE A SOCCER BALL AND REMEMBER IT'S ANIMATIONS! for soccer game

Level 3
This model is very good. It's original (well, I've seen it before in a gallery, but at least it's never been made as a model), cool, and its animations are really nice. Its lack of portrait means a huge RP loss, and the skin isn't always the best, as it's purple. Also, a Burrow animation would really bring this unit up into the light (or darkness, if it's burried). Considering these (to be fixed?) errors, this model scores an OK score.

Rated 3,4/5 by Daande.

Level 8
lol vegito. great model, i might have to take a closer look at it and see if i can make a skin for it more spidery as i am bord of skining on warcraft models.

Level 2
NightStryke, if you bothered to compare this model and Cookie's Spider Demon port, you'd realize that there's a major difference in polycount. You simply can't change a polycount that significantly without severely damaging the model. alfredx_sotn obviously made this from the start.

Don't be a fool.

Oh, and just to show that I'm not just a fight-crazed maniac, nice model alfred, although I don't like the purple skin. Now the model on the other hand; class A work, although I'd love to see a burrow animation. Still, it gets a 5/5. The skin gets a 2/5 because I dislike the purple and it doesn't look detailed enough. All together the package gets a solid 4/5, far more than many models on this site.

Level 3
Alright, I've made an ass of myself. I looked at the Demon Spider again, and it does look different, such as legs are different, its arms are smaller, and it's less bulky. I didn't say that to try and make you look bad, alfredx_sotn, I thought that looked a little too much like the Demon Spider to be right. I've deleted that post and I offer my sincerest apologies.

Level 3
@Afronight_76
It's a Demon Spider model Cookie ported from NWN, along with a bunch of other NWN units. He had submitted it before WC3Campaigns switched its download section to WC3Search, and never resubmitted it. He really should resubmit it, or maybe let someone else resubmit it, and the other units, they were very popular.

Level 3
5/5 for the model.

My only realy problem is with the skin. It seems far too bright for a Nerubian, especially the one in the concept art (which is awesome).

Level 25
If anyone submits the Demon Spider, I won't ban their ass, but I will give them a warning and delete it.

It used to be here, but Cookie removed it. So no Bebilith for you

Anywho, you already know my opinion on the model <_<

Level 3
Uhh... I still have them all on my computer, but apparently Cookie doesn't want them on here... If Cookie was to give me the go ahead I could upload them back on here and take full responsibility for whatever crap they get... unless that doesn't go over well with you, Mecheon, or Darky, of course.

Level 5
Really good, but 1 small bug with it. When you issue an order targeting the Stinger, the selection ring flashes slightly off of its real position.

-Edit: Sry, it was something that I was doing wrong. Never mind, its great.

Level 10
Found two bugs: when he is walking, sometimes the nerubian's death sound can be heard: problem with eventobjects. Second problem: the upper leg vertices move oddly when he is walking.

(Didn't want to edit my post since you wouldn't probably have noticed it.)

Level 5
This is a real good model but has been wasted with no attachment points, no special animations and with its skin:

This game is WC3, this game uses buffs special effects attached on units. If we cannot be able to use them so why we import use this model in our maps?

Also there must be a spell or any kind of special animation like burrowing stand alternating, morphing ect.. Many people likes to use this as a hero

and and and Skin is a bit exegurated. You cannot feel the insects real shape becouse of its skin.