• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Negative Critical Strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My desire for a spell is this. One based off of Drunker Brawler, giving a high percentage evasion while giving a 20% chance to NEGATIVE crit. And by that I mean... your hero is attacking, not getting hit very often, and hitting for roughly 100 damage, but on 20% of attacks, he deals, say, 80% damage, allowing the red "80!" to appear overhead.

I tried negative values, and it does not seem to work. I know how to make this a custom spell with floating text, but I was wondering if I could do it without floating text, which doesn't really look the same anyway.

Level 11
Hmm... it works for me. Make sure that the you give the field a correct value. I'm not sure but I think for these spells fields are in percentage/100 values. So for 20% it would be 0.2. And NO, you don't give the percentage a negative value.

For the bonus percentage damage to be correct, you would practically need to substract 20%, which is 0.2 for the field. Conclusion, give the bonus percentage damage field a -0.2 value and it should be fine.

~Daelin

Level 6
Yes, I think you need only to put in the spell 20% chance to do 0.8 damage.
But, what you are looking for is to the critical deal reduced damage or negative damage?
If is to deal reduced damage, this way is correct, but, for negative value, I don't know exactly how to do it! 8)

Level 2
Yeah, I was actually hoping for it not to do negative damage... that'd be like... healing with an attack, right?

No no, I was hoping to do a percentage of the base damage. I entered a negative value, such as -0.2, and nothing happened. So you believe that if I try a regular 0.8 as the multiplier, it'll do 80% damage, and not 180% damage?

I'll have to try. Processor's kinda fried right now.

Level 2
Yeah, I read too much into it.

All I needed was a .80 value for 80% crit. Durr.

I thought maybe what I needed was a negative value, which is why I was not getting what I expected.

So yeah... waste of time. My bad, peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.