• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Needs A PArtner FOR Map Who can make skins and Models!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
@Divinity_

1. First of all, you have made a double post.
2. You insulted a moderator, witch I think it is a "I want to get banned!".
3. Mecheon is 100% right when he said "THEN someone might seriously look at this and not laugh themselves silly".

And now I give my opinion, I don't think that good skinners or modellers want to work with you, why?;

1. Because you said you were dumb (lol).
2. If you don't know at least how to make a good terrain, then the credit would go all to the other people who helped you lol.

EDIT: ah and yes, this sounds like a request, so it should be moved.

-Rui

Level 1
what you want to do is to make a map and you cant make/import skins and you dont know anything about terrain right?

so what you want to do is to be online much and look for some1 who might need help on his map...

im a map maker myself
I am the founder and creator of War of Masodar (havent released it on wc3sear.ch yet)

but when i followed the directions on how to import skinns to a map it didnt work
so now im reciving help by my good friend Rui who imports skins and helps me with triggers

the map grew so fast in ppl interests so another friend is also writing a full story to it

Yes its fun to make maps, but YOU cant start making a map without knowing how to make terrain, cuz to make ppl interested you have to show them an idea...

tell your friends and other ppl what your good at when it comes to map making and they might ask you to help them...

if you got nothin to present no1 will be interested...

all areas in map making is hard in their own ways and takes alot of patience and time

Triggers: you need to know what event, condition and action you need to make something work

Layout/terrain: you cant just make ramps, rivers, lakes, mountains, bridges, you also have to change the ground texture, make hills, you cant have a flat ground that just looks boring in ppls eyes, you have to make walls and mountains seperated so ppl will se the diffrence so they dont think everything is made by your worlds nature...

Item/Spells/units/abilities: how fun is it to make a melee map?
you need custom made units
you need custom spells
you need custom abilities
if this is the only thing you CAN do then either start practicing something else or dont care about map making anymore
its kinda hard to get all these things to be balanced, and theres alot of text to edit...

Skins/pictures: this is devided into 2 areas
1: the making of the skins/pictures (dont know a shit of this)
2: import and make them work and place them on the item/ability/spell/unit you want

theres alot more when it comes to map making these are the basics in the biggest categories

if you only know 1 or 2 then you shall not start a project

the things ppl notice is the layout and the units, thats the first things ppl lay theyre eyes on, not on what spells exists or what triggers youve used...

you really should not try to start making a map like this, you shall not let the ppl come to you, with your skills you shall look them up

-Emperornisse, The one and only true Emperor

Level 1
well im making and fixing triggers too your just my right hand :) and im lucky to have you as partner
custom spells, you wont make them all :)
we buth have to wait for scummie to finnish the stroy

Level 3
Ok well who said i cant make terrain in the first place all i need is a partner thats all god you freakin yell at every1 mecheon even though you are a mod you dont need to critizcize something i need help with or if i ask if someone wantes to be myu partner who can make models and im sorry for swearing and when i sai im dumb i meant on importing ....jeez..ty emp.. :shock:

Level 6
Caps and swearing is bad for your health. Research shows that many people who do that normally get warned. You would've done better with a smart(_aleck) response to that... It was amazing how Mecheon didn't warn you, either he was in a good mood or forgot to... o_O

Emperornisse offered some good advice, look at it, then maybe you can repost again. First of all you must have a theme of your map, you know.

Level 3
thnxs i didct c map board i found it thnxs and im sorry mecheon and shadow for posting flaming ly and stuff i was mad a t that moment and the double post idk how i did that lol computer is lagging up on this site lol its so BIG! :)

Level 25
By the way, you'd be very unlikely to find a double talented person (IE: Models and skins)

Several great modelors, like Xaran, can't skin for their life, me included

I normally get the services of a few skinners I know though (COUGHCOUGHAFROCOUGH)

Status
Not open for further replies.