• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Need tips for Outland Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm thinking of trying to make an Outland map but before I do, I'd like to ask for some tips from those who've already tried doing Outland. What works and what doesn't? If it's possible could you give pictures of what you've done? And how do you do a fortress for Outland? I need to learn how to make a nice one for a Burning Legion fortification.

Actually i've made an outland terrain some time ago, here's it if you want to take a look:

209577-albums5234-picture62147.jpg

209577-albums5234-picture62148.jpg

209577-albums5234-picture62149.jpg

Also, if you're going to make an outland terrain, be sure to check out the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...=ultimate%20terraining%20map&d=list&r=20&t=58, it has some pretty cool stuff in it.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmmm, my advice depends heavily on the matter of custom models. Are you going for the under 8 Mb limit, how many custom models are you willing to include, do you want to keep the wc3 cartoony style.

Status
Not open for further replies.