• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Testers for my Demo Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im new to mapmaking and I started making a multiplayer map. I need to know if im doing it to hard/easy so far, or if im doing something idiotic. Just search for Hero War under maps and it will be Hero War Demo 1. Please post here your comments. Thank you.

Level 2
It's a bit on the easy side, in my opinion. When I played it, I was the Mountain King hero, and I was able to kill everything up to the golems without dying once (I only picked up one ankh at the beginning, and I hadn't used it. However, when I got to the golems, I quickly realized that they were stronger than the other monsters, and drew them back to the chokepoint where I was able to fight only one or two at a time. I used my ankh, and I got a little bit greedy... so I ran back to the beginning and picked up all of the other ankhs. :lol:

Anyway, my point is that it's a little too easy. It's a good idea for a map, and I've seen one other map like this before. Two teams started off in different areas, and went around killing things, trying to get to the end of the map before the other team. They constantly met each other on the battlefield, so had to fight each other as well as the monsters. There were bosses, and the game was quite fun. However, I lost that map somewhere and have been unable to find it. I would just love to see another map like that be completed.

If you ever have any questions, or need any help with your map (I'm good at pretty much everything except JASS triggering and terraining (blah, it's not any fun for me). Just contact me at [email protected] or PM me.

Level 3
Yea, there is supposed to be one Ankh to a player on the team, and at the end the two teams fight each other. I will try and make it harder. I just added the max level to 100 8). Please more comments and suggestions.

Level 3
Why maps that have a higher level cap r more prone to failur

First of all, sorry for misspelling the title, there wasn't enough space
Second of all, the explination:
A map isn't as big as a world, and World of Warcraft has only 60 levels, guess why - if you design a map for low levels, and make it a challange for them, it will be a good map, but if they can level up quickly, it is easy for them in a few levels to pass the map with easy, and as it goes up: more and more easily. You have to fine tune what levels are going to be where and make it a challange for them otherwise it is too easy, and no fun. Likewist, if you make a map for high levels, the low levels are going to find it too hard to play, and will give up, because they think its too hard, and no point in playing. So really you have to have it balances every step of the way, and having a 100 levels makes it 10 times harder.

Level 3
Exactly! But, for now, Im not working on this map. Im still saving it for when I have time though. I started work on my new map Sim City! Still gotta think if I'm gonna do it multiplayer or singleplayer. Hoping for multi but it will mean a lot more triggers. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.