• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need Starcraft ghost spells!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hello i need the starcraft ghost spell for my campaign. I need the following:

Irradiate
The irradiate attack fires a beam of lethal radiation from an orbiting Science Vessel, instantly killing any biological units in the target area.

EMP Shockwave
Also launched from the Science Vessel, the EMP strike triggers an electromagnetic pulse that disrupts all energy-using technologies in the area. Protoss buildings lose their shielding, and any unit that needs energy to power abilities is unable to do so for a time. Protoss High Templars, for example, are unable to use their psychic powers, and enemy Terran Science Vessels can't use their own energy-based attacks.

ComSat
The ComSat scan initiates a laser sweep over a large battlefield area, revealing any cloaked or burrowed units in the vicinity. Protoss Observers, Dark Templar, and burrowed Zerg are made visible with this calldown

Psionic Shock

Ghosts have a non-lethal psychic attack that make up for a lack of close-range combat abilities. They can sneak up behind a sentient opponent undetected and briefly shock their brains into unconsciousness, resulting in a sort of lost-time phenomenon. The enemy will wake up a few seconds later unaware of what has happened.

Psionic Speed
Ghosts are trained from their infancy to channel their psionic energies to augment their natural physical strength and endurance. This training, along with special enhancements in their Hostile Environmental Suits, allow Ghosts to move at seemingly supersonic speeds.

Psionic Sight
Ghost Hostile Environment Suits are outfitted with special visor goggles which, combined with the Ghost's own psionic abilities, allow them to see things through infrared energy. With Psionic Sight, Ghosts are able to activate a "heat-sensing ocular function" that allows them to see units through walls or footprints that have recently been left on the floor.

Cloak
The most unnerving of the Ghosts' skills is the ability to cloak themselves from enemy detection. This 'invisibility' has earned the Ghosts a fear-inspired reputation for their mysterious battlefield tactics

(i want this one to be like the windwalk with no sound but when comes out of cloak (by turn off, de-cloaked or attacking) it should n't have the number over the head (Damage#!))

I hope some one will help me make these spells it would be very appraised!

Level 11
ComSat is Far Sight (Seer from orcs skill).

Cloak has already been done by Vexorian. Unfortunately he removed it from wc3sear.ch and on wc3campaigns it is not available yet since they are working on the site or something. When it will be, I'll announce you.

For Irradiate why don't you base your spell off Cluster Rockets, with extremely high damage and make it damage vulnerable, ground, enemy, friendly, allied, organic units?

~Daelin

Level 11
Subtle dude, but not enough. I am in need of some help myself, and I'm extremely busy. All I can do are effects (and basic buildings), but right now I really don't have time for this. I have to moderate, work at the project, and yeah, I have a life myself as well. ;)

For EMP Shockwave, by energy do you mean mana points? If you do, use Dispel Magic which removes mana.

For Psionic Shock I think there are already some backstab abilities. Those could be changed. Search in the spell section.

Psionic Sight doesn't sound like a Warcraft spell. It will probably need to be customized for your map. Are you trying to make a first person shooter?

~Daelin

Level 7
Well no its 3rd person. and for the sight i would need all the dodads and units to have a custom animation makeing them all invisableish and show the heart and brain of units.

Edit: Do you know how to make a collision detector for when you shoot your gun it creates an effect but the ending of the effect would be invisable (like a realy gun you would just see a flash) and then move the invisable effect that when hits something it will kill them depending where it hit them (head shot(depending on the unit can break glass or a blood effect), wall(makes a little dent effect) and armor is the same a wall, but if hit on the armor it doesn't kill the person instently)?

Edit: o ya and do you know why all my abilitys are mixing together (nuke is nuke but when i use yamato cannon it is the nuke then after a few trys it works)??

Level 11
Good luck with Psionic Sight.

That effect is at Riflemen model and the Orc Space or Human Space. About headshot type and stuff, that's serios triggering.

About abilities mixing together, that's an easy one. You based both the spells off the same root spell (for example, if you base two custom spells off Storm Bolt and give them both to the same unit, you will get your problem). Base nuke off a different spell.

~Daelin

Level 7
ok thank you!

Edit: so it is possable to have the game know when the unit is hit in a certen spot? and with the shot fired how would you make it so if the effect hit something it takes damage but the shot is fired from any angle (x, y and z)? if you know how to do this can you please tell me how?

Level 7
o ya an i was wondering if i could put up the projects website on wc3sear because i ahve tried to find a web host that is free and will let me host a front page flash site.

could you let me host it here? (yes its a flash site, has info on the prject(but i dont have a team and its not 30-50% finished))

Level 11
For hosting, ask VGSatomi/Oz02, not me.

The knowing where the unit is hit may be possible, but you'll need to trigger everything. For making the bullet move on xyz again it is possible, but I didn't get involved into this until I started JASS. If you have little knowledge with triggers, it is not simple at all.

~Daelin

Level 10
for psionic sight i guess you could try screwing around with variables that activates when a unit moves. and to make it look like heat vision you could fiddle around with masking (probably not possible.)
and i dont even know whre to start for seeing through walls (if it is like warcraft view you can already see over walls...)

~iplaystarcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.