• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a solo line tower map and I don't know how to make the creeps move to the end periodically (To prevent controlling and group massing of the creeps). When the creeps move to the end, if i control it to move to a certain point and group it together before sending it off (especially flyings) it is sure win. Many people cheat this way and I hope anyone can solve this for me. Thanks.

Level 22
u mean the creeps shouldnt walk in a group but in a line right? just add 'wait' functions of a sec between every spawn

for each integer A from 1 to XX (number of units u want to spawn) do:
wait 1 sec
create 1 'unit' for player X facing XXX degrees
order last created unit to move to 'end rect'

Level 3
No, I mean to move the units to the end every time interval such as after 5 or 10 seconds. This is to prevent people to control their summoned units. I've seen many people control their summoned units especially flyings and move them to a certain point and group them with the second wave before sending it off so that the towers cannot kill them all and they could steal your lives. Can it be done?

Level 24
if you want the flying units to not group up at turns then have them move to random points in the area instead of the centre.
OR you could just not have towers that do splash damage and it wouldn't matter

Level 3
I cannot assign the summoned units to a player because I have the maximum players in my map (11 players 1 referee). The summoned units will not group together and will move straight to the end unless the player cheated by ordering them to move to a certain point and group them with the second wave of summoned units. I tried using a trigger to make the units move to the end when it is ordered to target a point but the map hang halfway when in the loading screen and warcraft 3 closed. Deleted and tried rewriting the trigger but the same happened. When I used time event to move them every few seconds, the builder also moves with it. Any suggestions?

Level 24
i think he's making some sort of td where you send units to your opponents' areas to try to get past their towers and thus make them lose, as well as maintain your own defense

the problem is that people will have their units stop part-way towards the end and out of range of towers until they have a small group that is sent in as opposed to one big/a few little units at a time you end up with two or three big at the same time, or maybe a few dozen small ones.

am i right?

Level 3
Yes, like line tower wars. Can you show me how to do the "deselect units when selected" in detail please? Thanks.

And can I move a unit in a region to other regions? I only see units entering trigger and leaving trigger but not units in a region trigger.

Why are the conditions ignored when I put a trigger like this
Events : (time - every 5 seconds of game time)
Conditions : (picked unit is a structure equal to false) and (owner of picked unit not equal to player 2)
Actions : (Unit group - pick every units in region 1 and do unit order picked unit to move to center or region 2)
All units including player 2 are moved to region 2.

Level 22
events: unit is selected
actions: selection - remove unit => remove selected unit from selection

ofcourse that condition wont work, u use picked unit although it hasnt picked anything yet. u need to pick every unit and then use the 'if,then,else, multiple functions' action and Then put the conditions under 'if'

Status
Not open for further replies.