• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some spells for new DotA Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi im going to make a dota jr and i need some spells....and stuffs..
plzzzz make all triggers in GUI .. i cant handle JASS:eekani:

1 a spell thats throws a glave that bounces like 12 times when casted and that target enemy friendly self...all . but it must be 1 time throw like storm bolt...

2 a spell called rest in the wild.. when casted change the animation to dead and you restore like 10 hp / sec.

3 a spell that simply changes the animation of casting unit for LIKE 20 SEC.

4 A SPELL that turns the enemy to a frog when casterd and then order casting unit to use blade storm on the frog..

5 i need to know how to make like if you got item A and item B and a resept they wil be removed and you got item C.

i think thats it... if i got mare i will update and i will give credits to the maker of the spell..

plzz send ideas for units, items and spells in my dota Jr if you got eny ..:thumbs_up:

Level 2
hi im going to make a dota jr and i need some spells....and stuffs..
plzzzz make all triggers in GUI .. i cant handle JASS:eekani:
Another Dota?! Noooo!

1 a spell thats throws a glave that bounces like 12 times when casted and that target enemy friendly self...all . but it must be 1 time throw like storm bolt...
Just make a custom spell and change "Number of Target Hits" to 12 and change "Targets Allowed" to whatever you want.

For recipes you can use the following;
http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/391/
or
http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/940/

Level 9
hi im going to make a dota jr

Another DotA? This is like needing another bubonic plague.

2 a spell called rest in the wild.. when casted change the animation to dead and you restore like 10 hp / sec.

3 a spell that simply changes the animation of casting unit for LIKE 20 SEC.

4 A SPELL that turns the enemy to a frog when casterd and then order casting unit to use blade storm on the frog..

5 i need to know how to make like if you got item A and item B and a resept they wil be removed and you got item C.

i think thats it... if i got mare i will update and i will give credits to the maker of the spell..

plzz send ideas for units, items and spells in my dota Jr if you got eny ..:thumbs_up:

2 - Make a trigger that sets his animation to "Death" and freeze it when he's on the ground. Then have a dummy unit cast Reguvination on him. Make the spell something that is self casted, like Berzerk, and make it last 0 seconds.

Level 10
First alot of you are being total pricks, it does not matter what map he his making he needs help making spells. Refusing to help him and laughing at the idea of it is extremly rude, if your not going to help or post something usefull do not post at all.

Slightly OT: What dont you like about dota, the community? I've played dota a couple times and it's fun if you don't get pricks in your game (wich yes ruins it). Usualy the people that dont like it dont understand it/or how to play. Though i am not a person that plays it all the time i've noticed the game has pretty advanced spells/item combinations.

(Back on topic) Refusing to help someone with a spell request because you dont like the map there making is stupid.

1: Not sure because i do not have WE open atm (or the means to) but you might be able to remove the lightening effect from chain lightening and change the missile art to a glaive.

2: Detect when the spell is casted add the casting unit to a unit group. Have another triggering that runs every second that picks every unit in that unit group and sets "Life of Picked Unit to life of Picked Unit + 10", in the first trigger after adding the unit to the unit group wait 10 seconds then remove him from the unit group.

3: Use a channeling spell.

4: Hex

5: Alee posted some links, and i answered this question already in either the gui help forums or the we help forums (cant remember wich) recently.

Guys try and be more helpfull and less rude.

Level 9
Slightly OT: What dont you like about dota, the community? I've played dota a couple times and it's fun if you don't get pricks in your game (wich yes ruins it). Usualy the people that dont like it dont understand it/or how to play. Though i am not a person that plays it all the time i've noticed the game has pretty advanced spells/item combinations.

There's a number of reasons why some people on the board don't like it. Most begin on how Allstars is a stolen map from the original DotA. Also, it's overplayed and has downed alot of diversity in Warcraft3 (around half the custom games seem to be DotA) and generally people that are diehard DotA'z are not the people that make maps, thus not on these forums. Also, I find it kinda dull, basically because all you need to do is click the right hero and wait until you have enough money to buy the right combos. I prefere other maps over it, like Tides of Blood, because the spells are more interesting and less flashy. However, I normally do not bash DotA on the forums.

We still should try to help, guys.

3. Just change "Casting Time" to "20 seconds" and make a trigger that plays a certain animation when he begins the effect.

Level 10
If he is planning on making a Jr Dota he shuld be able to understand all of my answers, if you dont you should pracitce with the WE some more because AoSs can get pretty complicated.

OT: (Directed @ Iron Warrior) Btw always wondered who made the original dota, how did it get started. (On the topic of diversity do you remember when Wintermaul was popular, omg fun times fuuuuunnn times.) 90% of people that play any games on wc3 arent map makers lol. And as long as your good enough you can pick any hero and own, my friend use to think that they all knew wich heroes to pick to get 'imba', but in reality he just sucked ass at all things wc3. (Btw I am in no way a 'dota player') I'm just sick of the attitude of some people around here, not helping people with stuff because it has some small ass refrence/similarity to dota.

Level 13
Icefrog created the original DotA.

Plus another reason it is hated is because of the balance, once you get ahead, you stay ahead.

And that's the last time I'll post in this thread.

Level 9
Quite Off-Topic: I can't remember whether or not the original DotA was RoC or TFT, but it only had a few imported models. Had that white gorilla-guy-blademaster, and he was so neat...had mirror images that did damage.

Wintermaul was awsome, along with WW3, Dark Deeds, the original Life of a Peasant (back when there was only peasants)...

Level 8
does JR Dota use the same terrain as dota ?

4th spell- set hex range to 0
then, just make a trigger that adds the ability blade storm to anyunit who uses hex
finaly order the caster to "blade storm"
and remove the ability blade storm

the only reason dota has a bad rep is because people are put on its ban list for being noobs, so its almost impossible to start playing dota as a new player

and if the host starts loosing, the host will usual start kicking people

Level 4
Originally Posted by Unscrewed_Magic
does JR Dota use the same terrain as dota ?
le

not all... not room for that.. i took my favorie dota terains

and i think i ll go public if its good,,,

and to some of you ( no names The Last Istari and Alee ) wdo you want me to make fun of yourr maps?.... dont make fun of me becouse im trying to lurn how to do this... i only say 1 thing... FY FAN!!!!

Level 13
Quite Off-Topic: I can't remember whether or not the original DotA was RoC or TFT, but it only had a few imported models. Had that white gorilla-guy-blademaster, and he was so neat...had mirror images that did damage.

Wintermaul was awsome, along with WW3, Dark Deeds, the original Life of a Peasant (back when there was only peasants)...

*Is a hypocrite for posting in the thread after saying he wouldn't*

The White gorilla blademaster guy was a model of Kimahri from Final Fantasy 10.

Also zilogan, when I'm done with my map (At least when my terrainer is done.) I'll release it and let you make fun of it all you want, won't bother me, you can even get friends to do it. :D

Now THAT is the last time I'll post in this, I vow it.

Level 7
happy, that helped so much with ur post about getting back on topic but in reality u posted nothing bout the topic cept what was going on off-topic....

heres my ontopic reply

1 - [Chain Lightning] Remove Lighting Effects, Change Model
2 - Exact Same Method as Others have mentioned
3 - Pick a spell [Berserk, Self-Heal, ETC] Change animation of casting unit.
4 - [Hex] Set to sheep-only
5 - Post has been made already with links, no need for re-posting links

Level 10
Ok give the hero hex detect when its casted then, If:

A) the casting unit has a bladestorm animation:
Give him bladestorm order him to use it then remove it.

B) the casting unit does not have a bladestorm animation:
Create (via spec effects) the tornadoe effect at the casting units origin and give the casting unit immolation with damage = to what you would want the blade storm to do (make immolation a item ability with no icon btw).

Off Topic:
@Kalbintion: Stop being cocky to the happy tauren, its his job as a mod to tell us to stay on-topic dont tell others there wrong when in fact your the one thats wrong, its annoying and pisses off the people in the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.