• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need script for spawning units with random attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
What I need done is a script that will periodically spawning a set number of units and give them a random assortment of attachments, and upon spawn and sending them to go attack a point.
This request may seem somewhat newbish and that is of course because I am a newb at map-making, so if you do end up making this please make it easily moddable and put a tutorial just to explain how things work.
If you want to simply write the script here, please explain it clearly so that I am not going to have to make multiple topics asking about how to do something you did to explain.
Thank you for your time.

Level 4
the spawning and sending is simple, make a few regions and tell the game to:

for each integer A from 1 to '# of units you want' do:
create unit of type 'the unit' in region 'w/e you call it1'
place the item attachment here
order last created unit to 'attack to' region 'w/e you call it2'

as far as random attachment i just dont get whatt you mean by that... items attached to the unit for the graphical effect, items in the inventory, or item in the inventory that add the graphic effect? whattcha looking for?

Level 1
Well what i mean by the random attachment is that I want an attachment from some sort of data base attached to the spawned unit to give them variation so that they do not all look like clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.