• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need modeling help, related to porting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for someone who has experience in porting models.
Do you remember the fix for when after a (ported) model has been given bones, animation etc., it can be loaded into the game without crashing, however only part of its mesh is shown, and when the unit which uses that model appears on the map, it causes several flickering artifacts on the screen. I tried to remove animations, bones, and textures, and narrowed it down to a 3d mesh issue.

Level 8
I believe that's when the mesh, or parts of it, isn't properly applied to the nodes. They kinda appear to become unassigned and just fly all over the place doing weird things, like attaching themselves to other nodes (even of completely other units). I mostly created FX, so I usually had very minimal meshes and fixing it was easy (mostly I just slapped a bone in between and it did the trick), but that might not be as easy if you got a more complex model. Guess you can check if all geosets are assigned to bones for starters, if that doesn't help you might want to double-check if the vertex groups are assigned properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.