• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help Wolf Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all

Im starting my first map. Its about Kain, a vampire. I want to make a spell were he can transform into a Wolf, (like Lycantrope from dota ) so im using Metamorphosis from demon hunter, but it is not working fine. When i click the change icon, he remains the same skin of the hero, but with the abilities of the wolf. Does anyone can help me in this ?

Thank you

Level 6
first of all, vampires don't change into wolves.
icon9.gif
sometimes thay change into bats, but never into wolves. they usually dislike werewolves. rethink your map idea or find a bat model (or use a black-tinted albatros). seriously.

--

now for the helpful part:

the reason why your unit retains appearance is that blizzard stored both forms of their morphable units in one model, woth "alternate" as animation sufix. if you have such a model for your hero (which you don't), set both models (see below) to that model file, and in unit 2 Art - Animation Names input "alternate"; you will probably want to use separate models and this effect in between. don't forget to credit model creator.

let's start from the beggining: you have two units: unit 1 and unit 2

unit1:
Art - Model = your kain model
Abilities - Hero = Metamorphosis + 3-4 other abilities

unit2:
Art - Model = Albatros
Art - Tinting Color - Red = 40
Art - Tinting Color - Green = 30
Art - Tinting Color - Blue = 30
Art - Scaling Value = 2.0
Art - Selection Scale = test it
Abilities - Hero = same as above
also set flying height, movement type, movement sounds, unit sound set, ...

metamorphosis ability
Data - Normal Unit Type = your unit 1
Data - Alternate Unit Type = your unit 2
Stats - Cooldown = 150 (example cooldown)
Stats - Duration - Hero = 45 (example duration)
8)
that should do it. try it out and tell us how you're doing...

Level 2
Thank you for the helping with the Morph abilit
Im doing very well
btw about your observation about the wolf morph, i get the base of the first Blood Omen game, when Kain can morph into a Wolf, a Mist form and Bat form.

Other games like Castlevania Symphony of the Night have vampires turning into wolf form. Note that it is a Wolf form, not a Werewolf.

Thank you for the helping, i will post the download asap

Status
Not open for further replies.