• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Need help with to fix certain spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I got some annmoying problems I tried to fix, but I need help in order to solve them.

First has to do with the ability root and being a shop. It does not sell items after it was rooted on the ground again. During this time it also changed owner. Do I make those tree locusts and with a invisible unit that sell the items instead?

Second has to do with a atinybuildgreathall based spell. A hero builds towers as hero ability, but I have a problem with disabling the ability when he got 5 towers. Would also like a mana cost when you updrage them to a higher level.

Attachments

• World editor edition.w3x
    419.5 KB · Views: 26
Level 24
Note: I haven't check the map since I'm away from my warcraft computer, but I will try and make demo map later tonight for the second bit

1. Stupid question as I'm sure you tried it but, "Does the Nightelf shop not work on it's own?"

2A. When the hero attempts to build make a temporary group that checks towers owned by the hero, if at 5 order the hero to stop building, if lower than five, take some mana away and destroy the temporary group!

2B. If you want to avoid leaks & make it MUI look into Indexing, as it would solve this easy peasy.
You can store how many towers each hero has and then give em a good bop on the nose when they try to build another one.

I highly recommend Bribe's as it makes it super simple by using the already built in "custom value" of each unique unit.
Otherwise without a system you need only make an index

Level 2
Find out a way to solve these issues, but the way could be improved it's ok. Not the mana cost when updraging towers though. Night Elves by replacing the unit with a new one (same unit) and removing the root ability. Build by some luck finding a error in my condition coding.

Level 24
Beg your pardon some stuff came up, I'll try tonight

EDIT:
had to turn off a few triggers to do some testing...

Are the differences to each tower simple size and damage? (I'm talking about X tower 1 through 5)

EDIT2:

Oh I read your last post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.